Would bad EGR or its solenoid cause difficult start?

• Would bad EGR or its solenoid cause difficult start?

Would bad EGR or a bad EGR solenoid cause difficult start?

By which I mean a good 20 seconds of continuous cranking to start the engine and continuous tapping on throttle to keep engine from stalling. But everything would be perfectly normal after about 2-3 minutes tapping on throttle...... idles fine and pulls fine......

I ran the codes, nothing unusual came up, so I'm just now trying to figure it out the old fashion way through reading FSM......
    Matte Black 86T - Sold

I was having a hard time starting the car too. Probably worse than you. But I recently did a pressure test on the intake system. Found that I had a huge leak at the injectors seal. Caused a vacuum leak.
    I sealed up the injector seals and the car started perfectly. Better than ever.

I never knew how much a vacuum leak could affect this car.
    1987 300ZX Turbo - http://z31performance.com/forum/vie … php?t=3114
    2001 Tiburon Turbo 60-1 270whp/268tq

No cupholders? Where am I gonna put my beer????

Evil Z31 wrote: I was having a hard time starting the car too. Probably worse than you. But I recently did a pressure test on the intake system. Found that I had a huge leak at the injectors seal. Caused a vacuum leak.

was your car smelling like gas or something???? just curious cuz i have the exact same problem lol

1988 570zx SS Edition

Originally posted by Neil86t
    Just get a slick paint job like mine and its all good. I had a girl that said she wanted to lick my car. She ended up licking my sack…end of story. Bitch ain't gonna lick my car.

[quote]bleakdragonmage wrote:
    Originally posted by Evil Z31
    I was having a hard time starting the car too. Probably worse than you. But I recently did a pressure test on the intake system. Found that I had a huge leak at the injectors seal. Caused a vacuum leak.

was your car smelling like gas or something???? just curious cuz i have the exact same problem lol
    If there is any leak around the injector seal, then there should be gas smell coming out, no......? Didn't the recall take care that problem though......? I know that was eons ago, but still......

I look at my boost gauge, and there is no fluctuation during idle after engine is warmed up, so I guess if there is any vacuum leak, it would be minor in my case......

So I guess my question is, what device is not doing its job during ignition and the first 3 minutes after start-up......? I didn't get any codes, CHTS and its harness were recently replaced, fuel pressure is good......
    Matte Black 86T - Sold

I tried hooking up an EGR on my old Z with the pathy plenum for inspection. I just ran my vaccum line to some random port on the plenum. The car didnt like that so I threw it away and blocked it off.

Yeah, you need ported vacuum. (at the throttle body)

Terrible idea putting those wheels on…

MrwassmanNA2T wrote: Yeah, you need ported vacuum. (at the throttle body)
    OK, duh, Im a retard. Oh well, it was fun throwing it at trash can.

I have a strange start up too. My car starts very easy and idles ok. All that is just for 3 or 4 seconds. After that it starts bufling for about 2 sec and after everything is normal. There was a couple of times that my car during this stoped and then it wasn't starting at all. I had to crank several times to start it. The most weird of all is that this is hapening only when i stop the car after driving it for a while and try to start it again within 20 minutes. When my car is cold or over half an hour stoped nothing happens, everything works perfect. Any ideas?

Alright, I think mine is a very minor vacuum leak...... because I hear a faint hissing noise toward the firewall area......

I already double check all the vacuum hoses and replace some old ones. I had removed AIV and the canister, so there isn't much left to check, however, I still can't pin point where the leak is coming from, is there any tricks to find vacuum leaks for novice like me......?
    Matte Black 86T - Sold

Put talcum powder around the area you think the vacuum link is coming from, both on the surface and in the air around it.