CM Downpipe, hangin low, can it be raised?

• CM Downpipe, hangin low, can it be raised?

The 3in downpipe hangs ~1.5 inches below the framerail
    and i was wondering if anyone had cut and relocated the donut seal
    a bit further down to snug up the pipe. I know this would
    shorted the overall length a bit. I already scrape on speedbumps
    at the grocery store, i'd launch the exhaust manifold thru the hood
    if i hit now.

Thanks.

84 AE/Shiro #683/Shiro #820/84 Turbo

With the bolts finger tight I had enough play w/ the donut gasket to angle it upwards a bit. got it where I wanted it and locked them fuckers into place. Is there enough slack to angle your DP up a bit w/ the rest of the exhaust following suit?

yes i have this problem to, im always scared of hitting it on speed bumps and breaking manifold studs.. my engine is about 1/4 inch lower than stock, so the dp sits a whopping 2.5 inches off the ground because my car being lowered so much. i have to be very careful where i go.I have tried that angle idea like greg suggested but then i get this annoying rattle where the pipe hits the rear x member.

i was thinking of just redoing my o2 elbow since its pretty restrictive anyway, kill 2 birds with one stone
    I hate wheel gap with a extreme passion

my build
    viewtopic.php?t=2755
    seller feedback
    viewtopic.php?f=18&t=10430

Right now its bolted to the stock cat converter with no gasket and there
    is a bigger open gap at the top of the 2 flanges than the bottom, so i think
    its angled a bit already.
    I go in about 20min to have the new 3in cat installed. The cat has no flanges
    on it yet otherwise, i'd do it myself.
    I'll see if they can loosen the 3bolt flange and work it a bit, but i think it is what it is.
    It looked like the donut could be moved down a bit and the pipe could be tucked closer
    to the tranny mount.

84 AE/Shiro #683/Shiro #820/84 Turbo

kinda have the same problem. I have the DP, test pipe and the midpipe and I'm not able to install the OEM "crossmember" that is there to prevent the driveshaft/exhaust to hit the ground…Dave is sending me a new system so I'll update when I get it