Rocker arms

• Rocker arms

Ok everyone so im new on here got a 88 Z31 N/A
    when i bought the vehicle it had overheating issues after hitting the motor with a digital thermo found one side of the block overheating awsome right! So i tear the engine down deleting the usual unnecessary stuff as i go. So i get the heads off and found the driver side was clogged up with strands of gasket maker. Obviously the block has to come out and get a good ol cleaning no problem. So in the process of cleaning the heads myself i knocked over my nicely laid out valvetrain that i just got done cleaning with a soft wire wheel my question is do the rocker arms have to be in any certain order? I noticed they have numbers on them you all know what im talking about. By the way i am replacing the lifters,seats, valves are out and in great shape so gonna lap them,all bearings,oil pump,timing kit,distributor,wires,plugs,rings,pistons,alternat or,
    ETC… So yea since im rebuilding the heads whats up with rocker arm placement thanks guys

When I do a rebuild I try to keep everything in the same order when reassembling. As the rockers ride on a shaft it is best to keep them in the same location for wear.

Yes i had them placed in order but the mistake i made was laying them down all apart then when i knocked it all over big mess! Now its all mixed up ive been looking for pictures of the motor with no valve cover so i can see the number placement i might just be replacing it all

Well ive made my decision i put the rockers back on the shafts i have no abnormal play at all since this rebuild is only for temporary function i figured its going to be ok. Right now my goal is to just get the car running. Ill be able to drive it as i rebuild a new motor for it,find a tranny,and do minor body work. My goal is anything over 550 hp with the rebuild motor i currently have access to a RB25 if i want it the motor is cheap the parts are pricey, i myself have a SBF motor i know a guy who can build a beast for cheap with that or just build up a VG out a pathfinder that is just sitting at my work

I know its late, but if you order a new set of 12 from nissan they all have the same part number meaning they all start out as the same part before you break them in as Xenon put it.

Good luck.
    Life's short
    Go fast
    Have a blast
    Leave a good looking corpse