86 NA won't idle

• 86 NA won't idle

Hello, was wondering if maybe I could get some insight on my situation here. I recently bought an NA 86, it had a blown transmission. I've since fixed the transmission. The previous owner said the only known issue when he parked it was the transmission, and he's a friend so I trust his word in that regard. The car will now start on it's own but will not idle. I can hold the throttle and keep it alive, but running rough. I've replaced the battery, plugs/wires, air filter, distributor assembly, fuel pump/filter, TPS, and MAF. I think the problem is related to the MAF somehow, because I can unplug it and the car will idle for maybe thirty seconds before dying. The codes I ran before replacing any parts were 41, 23, 31, 13, and 11.

After leaving the battery unplugged for a few hours, I attempted to start it again after replacing all the parts. The ECU ran these codes:

12 - Air Flow Meter (MAF) (new one could be bad?)

13 - Cylinder Head Temp

23 - Throttle Valve Switch

31 - Load Signal Circuit (the power steering is out, I'm assuming this is the code for that)

32 - Starter Signal (starter works fine?)

41 - Fuel Temp Sensor (the cord is cut at the sensor, but I've read you can delete it anyway)

​​​​​​​Any help is appreciated

I would take a second look at your MAF sensor and TPS, since you replaced both. Make sure you are positioning the MAF with the correct flow. It sounds silly, but it happens. I myself re-installed my MAF backwards on my Z, and didn't notice for several days when I actually went to drive the car. I also see you replaced your distributor assembly… double check your timing and make sure you aren't off a tooth. The VG30s are notorious for cold starting issues due to bad cylinder head temp sensors, so that could also be a corresponding problem.
    1985 300ZX Z31 2+2 VG33ET (running!)