Whats the matter with my Turbo

DeleriousZ wrote: goddammit, i had a whole post written out then hit 'back' on my mouse and erased everything (*beep* IE at work)

anyway.

open wastegate = no boost, that should be obvious.

replace chts and its subharness.

fix your distributor.

recalibrate your tps… this causes idle and driveability issues.

was your car always a 5 spd?

fix the detonation sensor, it shouldn't be too difficult, it's either wiring or the sensor itself.

either fully disconnect your fuel temp sensor, or clean the connections and test the wiring.

DO NOT USE OR RE-USE OLD SENSORS you are just asking for trouble. get new ones from nissan.
    Sorry im not the best with cars, The open wategate with no boost, what is obvious about that? that the Turbo is shot?

Ya i believe this car was always a 5 speed.

Where is the fuel temp sensor? ill use my little book for that, chiltons or something i got.

replace chts and its subharness. What is this?

How do i recalibrate the TPS?

Sorry for being such a noob, im trying. And sorry about your deleted post that just sucks and thanks a bunch for all the help!
    1986 white turbo Z Current project
    1985 red 300zx n/a bought in Socal. M.I.A Deemed as chucky
    1986 Gold 300zx n/a the one that started it all.
    1985 turbo z and it starts again....

It should all be covered in your Chiltons or haynes manuel where and how to test these things!

Your car won't build any boost if there is no load on the car/engine.

Where are your exhaust leaks?
    88na2T-s13,q45 swap 12.6@110mph
    87T 2+2 auto,stock

CanadianTZ wrote: The open wategate with no boost, what is obvious about that?

basics: if the wastegate is open
    , less exhaust gas spins the turbine, therefore the turbo doesnt build boost… think about it like that for now, till you research it more..
    SS #341
    "This car can be vicious, but in an unusual way, like a shark in a funny hat."
    -Jeremy Clarkson

DeleriousZ wrote:

axial = side to side
    thrust = in and out
    uh, no, axial means 'along the axis'.

radial side to side. Not that it matter this post just had nothing else going for it.

DMANN wrote: It should all be covered in your Chiltons or haynes manuel where and how to test these things!

Your car won't build any boost if there is no load on the car/engine.

Where are your exhaust leaks?
    Ive got lovely exhaust leaks on the manifolds, More and more are building day by day, god dammit im broke.

And ya i got it back together.. i dont know where to go from here other than to replace those sensors…

if the leaks on the manifolds are bad enough (i'm unsure as to what is "bad enough" ) you wont build boost. or, which seems likely to be the case, you'll have inconsistent boost.

someone correct me if i'm wrong, but that might be a major cause of his car's ailments?
    SS #341
    "This car can be vicious, but in an unusual way, like a shark in a funny hat."
    -Jeremy Clarkson

Durkin wrote: if the leaks on the manifolds are bad enough (i'm unsure as to what is "bad enough" ) you wont build boost. or, which seems likely to be the case, you'll have inconsistent boost.

someone correct me if i'm wrong, but that might be a major cause of his car's ailments?
    Car acted the same way prior to this exhaust leak, but ya, these leaks are definatly making it worse..

radial, not axial, my bad.

DOWNLOAD AND READ THE FSM. it is so many times better than the shitty haynes or chilton manuals.

1988 300zxt. gt35, stance, etc. Wheels: Varrstoen ES2 18x9.5 et-13 225/40. 18x10.5 et0 245/40
    1990 jetta vr6'd

DeleriousZ wrote: radial, not axial, my bad.

DOWNLOAD AND READ THE FSM. it is so many times better than the shitty haynes or chilton manuals.
    Alright will do, thanks.

a bad enough exhaust leak will sometimes let O2 get in to the sensor thowing it off. you can also cook valves if i remember right. and no… you should not be able to open the wastegate easily by hand. check the diaphram in the actuator. if its leaking that can screw with consistancy big time. Anyone correct me on any of this, I am F^#&ing tired…
    '87 300zx vg30et soon to be et/er
    2007 stage 3 roush mustang 450 hp @ crank

"If girls had motors, I'd understand."