JDM Timing belt part number different

• JDM Timing belt part number different

Just going through the FAST software for my car gathering a list of parts for the timing belt job when I noticed the part number for the timing belt is different for the Jap spec Z31. The part number I get is 13028-85E85. When I type that into Courtesy or Nissanparts.cc I get a NON-USA item. Looks like I may have to get it from the dealers here ex Japan. I can't think of any reason why they would be different but it's probably not worth the risk.

Another part that's not the same is the dizzy cap. When I first bought the car I bought all the usual stuff that you do when you first get them. Ordered it all from Courtesy, the USDM dizzy cap is marginally bigger in diameter to the JDM one. The FAST software says it's for manufacture date 10/86-05/88 whereas going through the fiche at Courtesy just gets a cap to suit 84-89.

Crazy shit hey.

use the parts-master tool to determine what other cars the timing belt is on. if it's on just the z31, maybe it is a different compound, like Nitride Fibreglass-Reinforced Rubber verses some other type.

Raff.

Just did that exercise, the Y31 and Y32 from 06/91-06/93 and the J30 from 10/88-08/91 use the same part number.

perhaps it's a different tooth profile. or maybe they use a tensioner bearing from a different motor, and it has a different bearing size so the belt is longer to accommodate added length.

I've just sent nissanparts.cc a message asking them to look into it. I'd rather buy all the gear from the states if it's possible. I gave my local dealer the list I printed out and the price that I was quoted was US$1340.

I can get it all for US$600 + delivery from nissanparts.cc. I'm doing the timing belt job and while I'm at it pretty much replacing everything on the front of the engine apart from the oil pump. Should look like a shiny new one when it's done :P

Just received a reply from them, he reckons I should order the belt that is listed for my car but he is interested if there is any difference.