need help

• need help

well originally i i had my 85 turbo Z with the stock T3 running perfect.

i installed a t3/T4 i just double checked everything. oil lines are hooked up, piping is hooked up. wastegate looks hooked up.

before my Z would start up just like that, mind you the T3 was in need for a major rebuild. the T3/T4 makes the engine hesitate really badly i just took it out for a drive, boosting about 5-7 psi and then BOOM the car shuts off.

I'm not sure if i need to redo my timing for if somethings wrong. any help guys? gurus? usually I'd be able to figure this out but it's just damn i don't know what it could be :-?

i don't have the pop off valve (NPT plug), and i only have two actual vacuum hoses, the one for the FPR, and for the brake booster.

he gives me shit all the time about the money i spend on my car but he simply doenst understand what type of "high" you get from watching a stock car transform into something alive with as much emotion and feelings as any human.
    Originally posted by PurePontiacKid
    My god… 10 pages and so far he's only pulled the motor out of the donor car, and bought some valvetrain parts for it? way to be proactive guys.

figured it out, sure enough one of my pipes was loose. sorry for making this thread.

he gives me shit all the time about the money i spend on my car but he simply doenst understand what type of "high" you get from watching a stock car transform into something alive with as much emotion and feelings as any human.
    My god… 10 pages and so far he's only pulled the motor out of the donor car, and bought some valvetrain parts for it? way to be proactive guys.

fixed the piping thing but the car still hesitates anyone? :-(

Try replacing the cap and rotor? I turned up the boost on my T3 swap, and started running real bad, timing belt stretched one tooth, replaced that and still ran crappy. Replaced the cap and rotor and boom, back to goodness.
    I'd highly suggest checking the timing, you may have bumped it.

the cap and rotor are less then 4 months old. the spark plug wires are brand new. spark plugs are new too and gapped, their the copper ones. (i heard they hold up against boost better)

the maf was working before. car idles roughly around 1,500 - 2k but thats fine, it's because of my BOV mod. even idling that high it still hesitates.

I'll check the timing though.

You should replace those plugs with stock NGK ones, supposedly that's best and could be a problem

i have NGK coppers.

what about the maf? i bought one from an 86 N/A, the maf for my 85 turbo went bad. so is there a difference in what they read?

No, mafs are same for all years. Have you ran the ecu codes? thats always a good spot to start. takes 5 secs

sprtcrazy17 wrote: No, mafs are same for all years. Have you ran the ecu codes? thats always a good spot to start. takes 5 secs
    Thats not entirely true, MAFs arent the same for all years, theres minor minor differences, but as far as how they function, the connector, etc, yes they're the same and they will work on any year.
    - VG30DET (HE341) 86 300ZX - 1982 280ZX Turbo - Headered NA 1986 300ZX 2+2 - 2000 Xterra -

Smartass. :nanan?re