smoke screen

• smoke screen

ok so my 88t has a bit of a problem. it blows out crazy smoke out the exhaust. i overheated it last summer and it never ran right since. i thought i fried the rings but i compression tested it and it was (left side) 150 130 150 (right side) 150 170 130. cylinder 3 and 5 has cross threaded spark plug holes. there is oil in the LIM. what is the problem with it? do i have a boost leak? bad timing? bad head gasket? im at wits end with this car i want to set it on fire and piss on the ashes

What color smoke?

cobalt300z wrote: ok so my 88t has a bit of a problem. it blows out crazy smoke out the exhaust. i overheated it last summer and it never ran right since. i thought i fried the rings but i compression tested it and it was (left side) 150 130 150 (right side) 150 170 130. cylinder 3 and 5 has cross threaded spark plug holes. there is oil in the LIM. what is the problem with it? do i have a boost leak? bad timing? bad head gasket? im at wits end with this car i want to set it on fire and piss on the ashes
    even with a good compressoin test, you may have gotten the oil control rings to stick or the gasket leak starts to show itself when under increased pressure above atmospheric pressure. Current I believe this is the problem with my engine, and that's why I'm just transferring all my parts to a VG33.

There are too few places where oil can make it back into your lower intake manifold.

1) valve seals and guides
    2) piston rings (usually gets burned)
    3) head gasket (usually gets burned)
    4) turbo
    5) pcv system.

take your intake pipes off and see if you have oil in your turbo piping.
    replace your PCV valve and make sure the lines to the PCV are not cracked or hooked up incorrectly.

Naturally, any 22 year old car will have sludge in the intake simply because of the design of the shitty PCV system imposed by car manufacturers. So that oil may have been there for a LONG LONG time.

it is white and blue smoke. and i give up on the motor im just going to pull it and rebuild it. im done effin around

cobalt300z wrote: …im just going to pull it and rebuild it. im done effin around
    Good idea.

i thought so. what would be easier pulling it with or without the tranny?

I've found it's easier to pull the engine/trans together and split them when they are out of the car.

depends on how good you are. I can pull either the motor by itself, or the motor/tranny in about the same time. I would just pull both. makes it easier to line everything up than when you're trying to do it with the trans already mounted.

1988 570zx SS Edition

Originally posted by Neil86t
    Just get a slick paint job like mine and its all good. I had a girl that said she wanted to lick my car. She ended up licking my sack…end of story. Bitch ain't gonna lick my car.

yeah thats what i figured

If you over heated it and now there is white smoke, it is a head gasket. Check the deck on your block and your heads when you rebuild.
    85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
    04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20… underway for summertime daily driver.