to confirm, issues with clutch

• to confirm, issues with clutch

last year I had a new transmission installed into my z, replaced the clutch as well with a clutchkit from autozone.

I only drove the car about 900 miles since last year and now if i decellerate in any gear (mainly 1-3 4th not that audible) i get a squeek sound pattern kinda sounding like the idler pulley sound but more louder and fluxuates with rpm speed.

If i accelerate normally i dont hear it, only when the clutch is enguaged and slowing down.

Im guessing throwout bearing....I think the autozone kit came with a new bearing and Im highly concidering going OEM.

any opinions?

also, I drove it a month ago, and i heard the same squeeking sound, then i heard a loud ping and it sounded like metal broke and hit the ground, kind of like dropping a tool on metal or dropping a tuning fork on metal…so I want to say that the issue is somewhere in that belhousing area and not inside the transmission gear area.

also, when in reverse, if I am just comming out of the garage i can hear it, but its like scuuuurch..................scuuuurch.............. ....scuuuurch......................scuuuurch

I hope that i was discriptive enough. clutch and slave cylinders are new. Doesnt slip in gear or jerk of any kind, and the flywheel was resurfaced.

thanks, im just going to go back into it and i want to know what to expect.
    My Build Thread

z

zmech wrote: Sounds like you lost a clutch plate bolt. Had that happen once and it ate up the bell housing bad.
    I would have to agree, or something along those lines. If it were your throw out bearing, you would hear it either all the time while the clutch is depressed or all the time while the clutch was resting. My throw out bearing in my truck has been going out for about a year now. While cruising, clutch not pushed in, I can hear a very slight faint squeal. If I just barley start to push on the clutch pedal, it goes away. Some cases are the opposite. If you push the clutch in, you hear a really nasty loud squeal while the pedal it being pushed.
    85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
    04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20… underway for summertime daily driver.