Starter cranks real slow? Please Help

• Starter cranks real slow? Please Help

So I just rebuilt the bottom end on my motor and put it back in yesterday. Went to start it up and Just a click. So we put it on jumpers and it spun really slow. This was after letting it sit for quite a while. So From there untill now, I have gotten a battery from a friends car that I know worked, Replaced the terminals and the cables all opf the way directly to the starter and the two ground ends. It stil does the same thing. It sounds like the battery is only putting out half of its volts. Any ideas? And I have yet to actually put a volt meter on at the starter, but the battery basicly goes directly to the starter.

Do you have any spare starters laying around that you could swap it out with?
    Bolt on, fast, z31. You can only pick two.
    Old weaksauce numbers: 391hp/433tq

Did you crank your freshly rebuilt bottom end over by hand to check for any sort of binding before you dropped it in? I'm assuming so since that's practically mandatory. Even more so for double checking the timing belt.

Had there been anything seriously out of whack you should have been able to feel it then.

Hopefully it's just an odd electrical fault and you were not given some incorrect spec parts.

That being said… assuming that after throwing a meter on things and load testing (if needed)… that all the electrical components are good (including the starter), and were working fine before you started that doesn't leave much else besides mechanical binding.

You double checked all the new bearings?

PT
    - Visit my Z31 Cardomain pages -|- Visit my website! / 73, de AE5NW -

The phrase "It's just the Internet" is not an excuse to be an illiterate dolt.

Tried a new starter today. Defenitly better. Still no start though. I think I need a new distributor. I went from maxima heads to 87 turbo heads and the adjustment bracket is on the wrong side. So I feel like I am probally off 180 degrees there