Release bearing is in the way of the cutch plate

• Release bearing is in the way of the cutch plate

i am replacing the motor and i put the clutch and flywheel on the new car. and i have a inch befor the motor is on the mounts.and i cant figure it out… so i got the clutch alignment tool for the clutch and i thought that was the problem. because i had about maybe a inch befor the engine and tranny are connected..(tranny is still in the car 87 non turbo 5spd )… we have the imput shaft in the piloit busing and its in there but the release bearin is in the way. its too far forward. how do you release the pressure off of it. thts waht i think could be the problem but im not for sure.. what do you think.oh and i can push the motor back pusing aganst the bearing but i cant get it the extra inch. but if i let off it will just come back out to where it was before thanks

Do you still have the slave cyl bolted to the trans?
    Bolt on, fast, z31. You can only pick two.
    Old weaksauce numbers: 391hp/433tq

yes i do do i need to un bolt it?? thats the thing located to the bottom right of the tranny correct… there is 2 bolts comming out of it??

my eyes…
    BLOZ UP.com
    It is not recommended to confirm proper installation by driving into walls or other barriers as this could cause personal injury or damage to the vehicle.

??? haha? so is that what you would do is just take that off…

ryan_84_z31 wrote: take that off…
    yes

Yea it is probably "engaged" like you were pushing the clutch in moving the release bearing forward.
    "If your car cant do a burnout from a 60mph rolling start, then your engine needs more work."

"Nitrous doesn't blow up motors; Idiots with nitrous blow up motors."

Shooting for 500whp

well it worked taking off the slave cyl and now that its up close the dang motor mounts the ones on the motor i mean, dont line up and i pushed wedged pulled hit the crud out of them and i still have half an inch on eather side on side will be on and the other is off by an inch or half inch… so do all years have different motor mounts connected to the motor .. thanks

The next time you pull a vg you should really pull the motor/trans together. A lot less bs that way.

All motor mounts are the same dimension wise.

Are you sure you have the trans completely mated to the back of the block?

Im not one of the big grammer nazi's on here but please try to make your posts a little more readable. I know of a few people on here who didnt respond to your post just because of the poor structure.

Alright, will do im sorry about that. And i do have the tranny up to the block, and the mounts are over the bolts but i have about an inch on either side. so im rly stuck.

Are you talking about the motor mounts here or the brackets? It sounds like you have the brackets bolted to the wrong place on the block? Maybe you can list some detail of exactly what your setup is and maybe someone could help you a little better.

Matt89 wrote: The next time you pull a vg you should really pull the motor/trans together. A lot less bs that way.
    and remove the crank pulley if possible.