car has no injector paulse

• car has no injector paulse

im having a problem with my 86 t. i rebuilt the motor and swapped the tranny for a 5 speed and now the car wont start. im not getting an injector paulse. the cas is working and the signal is making it to the ecu. i tested the injectors at the ecu and thay have the constante 12v like there sposed to. i have spark and i can get it to fire if i spray it with either. i hope u guys can help me out it realy starting to get to me.

Sweet 86T wrote: im having a problem with my 86 t. i rebuilt the motor and swapped the tranny for a 5 speed and now the car wont start. im not getting an injector paulse. the cas is working and the signal is making it to the ecu. i tested the injectors at the ecu and thay have the constante 12v like there sposed to. i have spark and i can get it to fire if i spray it with either. i hope u guys can help me out it realy starting to get to me.
    does the engine even crank? did you rewire the inhibitor switch? get a diode light (sp) and check the injector harness.

he gives me shit all the time about the money i spend on my car but he simply doenst understand what type of "high" you get from watching a stock car transform into something alive with as much emotion and feelings as any human.
    Originally posted by PurePontiacKid
    My god… 10 pages and so far he's only pulled the motor out of the donor car, and bought some valvetrain parts for it? way to be proactive guys.

You have to jump the inhibitor relay.
    BLOZ UP.com
    It is not recommended to confirm proper installation by driving into walls or other barriers as this could cause personal injury or damage to the vehicle.

When I did the auto swap my car wouldnt start at all, meaning no signal to the starter solenoid. I wonder if you blew a fusible link to the injector harness, I have seen it before and it sounds likely to be the case. The fusible links are located in front of the battery in a little black box, there should be three sets of them. I believe its the set that says EGI INJ and EGI CONT should be able to jumper them with similar gauge wire to test whether or not they're burnt. peace.
    "Its the s12's sexy over weight step daughter, the z31"

nismopu wrote: When I did the auto swap my car wouldnt start at all, meaning no signal to the starter solenoid. I wonder if you blew a fusible link to the injector harness, I have seen it before and it sounds likely to be the case. The fusible links are located in front of the battery in a little black box, there should be three sets of them. I believe its the set that says EGI INJ and EGI CONT should be able to jumper them with similar gauge wire to test whether or not they're burnt. peace.

i did switch all the wires and it does crank over i have spark . i put a diode light on and it dosent flash i kno i have the full 12v to the injector but the computer isent grounding the other side. if i spray it with starter fluid it fires so i kno that i ahve my timeing close enough and i have spark at the right time just no injector paulse. i looked at the fuseable links and thay looked fine and i pulled on each one . usaly when there blown thay chang color and will stretch or brake when pulled on . and i looked at the fix that nissan did with the injector harness and all connections are good. im getting a c.a.s signal at the ecu and i have switched the c.a.s with a diffrent 1.

[quote]Sweet 86T wrote:
    Originally posted by nismopu
    When I did the auto swap my car wouldnt start at all, meaning no signal to the starter solenoid. I wonder if you blew a fusible link to the injector harness, I have seen it before and it sounds likely to be the case. The fusible links are located in front of the battery in a little black box, there should be three sets of them. I believe its the set that says EGI INJ and EGI CONT should be able to jumper them with similar gauge wire to test whether or not they're burnt. peace.

i did switch all the wires and it does crank over i have spark . i put a diode light on and it dosent flash i kno i have the full 12v to the injector but the computer isent grounding the other side. if i spray it with starter fluid it fires so i kno that i ahve my timeing close enough and i have spark at the right time just no injector paulse. i looked at the fuseable links and thay looked fine and i pulled on each one . usaly when there blown thay chang color and will stretch or brake when pulled on . and i looked at the fix that nissan did with the injector harness and all connections are good. im getting a c.a.s signal at the ecu and i have switched the c.a.s with a diffrent 1.
    fuses?… re edit: look for where your ECU grounds at, maybe it rusted.

he gives me shit all the time about the money i spend on my car but he simply doenst understand what type of "high" you get from watching a stock car transform into something alive with as much emotion and feelings as any human.
    Originally posted by PurePontiacKid
    My god… 10 pages and so far he's only pulled the motor out of the donor car, and bought some valvetrain parts for it? way to be proactive guys.

BLOZ UP wrote: You have to jump the inhibitor relay.

i jumped that and i got mt reverse lights to work . just have no injector paulse. i just dident kno if theres somthing weird wit the nissan system that would shut my injectors down or somthin in that nature. i have fuel to the injectors and my fuel pump kicks on like normol.

I don't know what to tell you then. I swapped mine over from auto last summer. I had to jump the inhibitor relay, which would let it crank over. That doesn't seem to be your problem.

Get a FSM, and start tracing wires.
    BLOZ UP.com
    It is not recommended to confirm proper installation by driving into walls or other barriers as this could cause personal injury or damage to the vehicle.

bad ecu?
    check all engine harness grounds.
    Do you need to use a 5 speed ECU if you swap the tranny from auto to 5 speed?
    Shiro #443

fallow the FSM for the injector inspection, its checking grounds and power and the output of ecm
    1984 300ZX - 1988 VG30T Engine, Trans, Diff, ECU
    1987 300ZX TURBO - ( Parts Car ), 1988 300ZX TURBO - ( Parts Car )
    1972 240Z -- Full restore - L28ET L6 Engine from 280zx, T-5 transmission, Rear diff from the 87
    1998 Mazda B-2500, And a lot of bikes