Options for adjusting castor.

• Options for adjusting castor.

Hello!

First post here so i apologize if it is horrid. I had a blow out after hitting a very well camouflaged pothole and ran my right front tire into a curb at about 30mph. Took it to a shop to get a new tire and see if i ruined anything and i got really, really lucky. The only issue that came out of it was my castor on the right tire is at 5degrees (it was red on the red out, i don't know much about alignment i freaked when i was told my castor was out before i googled what that was.)

So what i'm hoping to gain here is a little insight into my options to adjust the castor. It only pulls to the right a little bit but it is enough to make me want to do something to it. I look forward to your response and apologize if i ask stupid questions. Fair warning!

Adjustable tension rods are the easiest way to adjust castor there are not many companies that make them but they are out there.
    Sorry to hear about that pothole I have hit a few nasty ones before but none that I can remember causing any real damage

Stance has adjustable tension rods

1988 300ZX Turbo, Shiro Special #760
    1988 300ZX Turbo Automatic (wife's car)
    1991 Hard-body 2WD

http://zccw.org/zccw/?page_id=1215

I would be more worried about why the castor is out of spec. Since the z31 has comes factory non-adjustable something had to change
    86na - BlueZ
    Shiro #366 - Kouki Monster
    85t - Mr Tickles

Yes what is bent is a concern but to be totally honest if no parts have been weakened from the damage it does not really matter. It could be something simple as the subframe shifted to the tension rod bushing collapsed. What is the most important is that the alignment is corrected and that can be done by adjustable tension rods.

Awesome found what i was looking for. I really appreciate the assistance!

Control arm and/or tension rod on the side of impact is damaged. Also check the tension rod mounting bracket for damage.

1986 300ZX Turbo…sold
    1990 Skyline GT-R…new money pit
    2014 Juke Nismo RS 6-speed…daily

Umm yea, if you have some damage, "correcting" the alignment with adjustable tension rods will still leave you with other weird side effects, probably not good ones…

You really need to check/measure everything, and of course replace any bad bushings/balljoints first, THEN worry about the adjustable parts (which are more expensive)