using stock gland nut with Illumina struts

• using stock gland nut with Illumina struts

I haven't been able to find an answer because maybe its not true. I have a question about using used Illumina front struts with the stock turbo strut tube gland nut. I was told that the stock turbo strut tube gland nut will not work with illumina struts and that they come with an aftermarket one when buying Illumina struts new. I have never heard of this. I've heard that KYB's use an adapter kit but not the illumina's.

If this is true, would anyone have a set?

1988 300ZX Turbo, Shiro Special #760
    1988 300ZX Turbo Automatic (wife's car)
    1991 Hard-body 2WD

http://zccw.org/zccw/?page_id=1215

It is true. The Illuminas i just installed (in those turbo strut tubes i bought from you) were new in the box came with their own shorter gland nuts.
    The adjustable suspension (turbo) gland nuts are substantially thicker in the threaded section and have seals. They could probably be made
    to work if they were cut down and had the seals popped out.

84 AE/Shiro #683/Shiro #820/84 Turbo

Do they have a small solid button-like piece at the bottom of the strut body? If so, you should be able to remove it.

The front Konis I bought years ago came from a kit that was supposed to have shortened gland nuts. The body of the strut had a small button-like solid piece that could be trimmed off for more room within the strut tube. I ended up doing that and cranking the gland nut tight with a big pair of vice grips while the vehicle was on the ground. Haven't had any issues since.

If not, have you tried contacting Tokico for replacement parts?
    '86 300ZXT GLL
    '78 Datsun 280Z BP
    '11 Saab 9-3 Aero XWD

The stock gland nuts are really tall, but I expect with some machining they could be made to work…

Like Pace, my koni's had a few discs on the bottom of the strut that required trimming