This forum needs to be cleaned up.

You'd hope peoples maturity level would be above simply making one word posts to rack up their post count to be able to post in restricted sections. It would be clearly obvious if that's what they were doing anyway. If that bothers people so much aswell you can fix it by simply setting a higher minimum character count per post.

Or what about you have to scan your passport to be able to post? Wait, I know! You have to sit an exam in order to be deemed worthy to post! Shit why not just disable posting all together? Just have stickies everywhere written by senior members and that's it! Solved! :P Oh wait a minute, it's a FORUM! lol :lol:
    http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

300zxt wrote: You'd hope peoples maturity level would be above simply making one word posts to rack up their post count to be able to post in restricted sections. It would be clearly obvious if that's what they were doing anyway.
    If people had that maturity level, this thread would not exist. I doubt the maturity level of the people on this forum will ever be enough to stop post whoring.

Lets all face it. An open forum like ours will always have new people joining, posting in the wrong sections, and asking dumb questions.

It's up to the moderators to move/delete the posts, and for the more experienced members to kindly direct the new members to the proper links or information. A new member who doesn't catch on right away may deserve some sort of talking to (usually by a "Z-bum type", or via mod PM).
    "produce first.talk second."

This forum has hardly any shit posts in comparison to most forums on the internet in my opinion..
    - For Sale - Australian z31 Forums -

myspace: /s2k12

Why is there a 2 url limit on sig's?

Originally posted by J18199
    Women…cant live with e'm, cant live without e'm.....unless your some kind of fag :nanan?re

[quote]Mike_GruiZinga wrote:
    Originally posted by 300zxt
    You'd hope peoples maturity level would be above simply making one word posts to rack up their post count to be able to post in restricted sections. It would be clearly obvious if that's what they were doing anyway.

If people had that maturity level, this thread would not exist. I doubt the maturity level of the people on this forum will ever be enough to stop post whoring.

Lets all face it. An open forum like ours will always have new people joining, posting in the wrong sections, and asking dumb questions.

It's up to the moderators to move/delete the posts, and for the more experienced members to kindly direct the new members to the proper links or information. A new member who doesn't catch on right away may deserve some sort of talking to (usually by a "Z-bum type", or via mod PM).
    Moderators can simply complain or they can moderate, choose! lol Cant do it or dont like it? Then step aside and turn in your moderator pass! :P lol

Granted some people are dickheads and just trouble makers and should be stabbed, but some "newbies" who make "dumb" posts could simply be some guy in his 50s who just bought a sports car for his sons 21st birthday and doesn't use the internet much or a kid who just turned 18 and genuinely doesn't know much about cars and just wants help. Not everyone is going to be deliberately posting in the wrong section just to piss people off.

A simple "Advanced questions only" in the Engine Mechanical description would help some, and limiting new users access to that section. Whos to say what's newbie and what isn't? SATAN? lol The Engine Mechanical section doesn't say anything of the likes, say I am a noob and I want a new exhaust. So I post in the Engine Mechanical section because it has "EXHAUST" written in the description. So what, I'm being blasted now for being a newbie and posting in the seemingly appropriate section? There are huge holes in the way this is being moderated currently that I think has been overlooked due to the blinding rage newbies give some people. The shit isn't clear, and this is coming from someone who has been on here forever so what about a brand new user? It might be obvious to some where shit belongs, but it really isnt if you look at it properly.

It's very subjective what is considered newbie or not, shit alot of people are engineers and some damn complicated stuff would be considered "newbie" to them. A little more thought needs to be put into this to be honest, instead of blindly moving posts and being like "haha you're retarded and not as smart as you think you are, your post just got moved the to newbie section dickhead" as that will not work.

Prevention is better than a cure after all…
    http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

Elitism is not the way. People are here to learn. Moderators are there for the problems, and the way it is right now is just fine.
    1985 NA2T(now RB) * 1988 SS x2 * 1984 AE x3 * 2006 350Z

This "forum" is titled: Z31Performance.com

This thread is entitled: "This forum needs to be cleaned up"

This thread was posted under: Announcements: Site and Forum-related.
    Clearly an indication to me that it (the subject) deals with Z31Performance.com as a "whole" versus the "Z31 Performance Forums" (sub-forum categories)

Because of this (performance vs. everything else attitude) I've curtailed my posting (not that it has been missed LOL). I would have stopped completely but I have an agreement with Jimmy/Ztek to provide information about his Group Buys to all z31 forums. (Next group buy is pending)

I'm going to let the decision regarding my posts (of GB's, etc .. ) be via the moderators (or Jason). If the information/comment I post up is OK, then cool. If it's not OK, that's cool with me too.

You all know as well as I do, there are perhaps 3 - note worthy z31 forums. No dis-respect to Jason, the moderators nor the performance purists ..

:-D :-D :-D
    '84Z31 GLL turbo|theZenthusiast site: http://www.thezenthusiast.com |

Originally posted by maronee
    PS - by the way your Z31's famous here in japan, dude!!

inqui-Z-tor wrote: This "forum" is titled: Z31Performance.com

This thread is entitled: "This forum needs to be cleaned up"

This thread was posted under: Announcements: Site and Forum-related.
    Clearly an indication to me that it (the subject) deals with Z31Performance.com as a "whole" versus the "Z31 Performance Forums" (sub-forum categories)

Because of this (performance vs. everything else attitude) I've curtailed my posting (not that it has been missed LOL). I would have stopped completely but I have an agreement with Jimmy/Ztek to provide information about his Group Buys to all z31 forums. (Next group buy is pending)

I'm going to let the decision regarding my posts (of GB's, etc .. ) be via the moderators (or Jason). If the information/comment I post up is OK, then cool. If it's not OK, that's cool with me too.

You all know as well as I do, there are perhaps 3 - note worthy z31 forums. No dis-respect to Jason, the moderators nor the performance purists ..

:-D :-D :-D
    Oh yeah…what are the other two :twisted:
    I can only speak for my self. I hope you don't stop posting here and I'm sorry that you felt you needed to limit your posts. The way I understand it is that some posts make the search function yield a lot of unhelpful results. Speaking from personal experience I've found that to be true. But then the www is the same way.
    Stick around.