2 lift possible?

Re: 2" lift possible?

By the way Mid, did you get those shocks?

I would be interested in seeing this being done. Hit 'em with teh SWAG.

[attachment=0:1y6383bk]300zxPOR69.jpg[/attachment:1y6383bk]

2001 Mazda Miata LS
    also a 1989 Nissan 240SX

50th AE Build Thread SOLD 2015

midian wrote:
    Or you can make custom spacers for rear strut mounts (actually you'll also need same for front).
    Big travel of rears won't be good, simply because spring may become uncompressed fully and fell away.
    Wheeler's trick, big ass zip ties to secure the coils to the seats.

[quote]xbxrxtorquex wrote: By the way Mid, did you get those shocks?

I would be interested in seeing this being done. Hit 'em with teh SWAG.

[attachment=0:3hxjpe09]300zxPOR69.jpg[/attachment:3hxjpe09]No, I didn't. Z is not offroad car, for such cases Nissan designed D21 series and Patrol.
    150mm of stock clearance enough for me even in cases then I drive country roads (very-very occasionally and very smooth). I had problems only until I changed 'kg/mm' lowering progressive springs (sold already) to stock.
    But I mentioned Tein, cause I was at official dealer's workshop and asked such question.
    They say - any height, any stiffness, but it will costs you $450 per one.
    Also, I mentioned spacer for struts, you saw maybe, use if you unplug swaybar and lift car, removing rear springs could be done w/out removing bolt, fixing strut to arm (not easy like with removed bolt, but it could be).

Kingman wrote:
    Originally posted by midian
    Or you can make custom spacers for rear strut mounts (actually you'll also need same for front).
    Big travel of rears won't be good, simply because spring may become uncompressed fully and fell away.
    Wheeler's trick, big ass zip ties to secure the coils to the seats.
    ^^ agree.
    Z31 JDM my way_google translated