Stock Crap that can be removed

Any update on the Power Steering removal?
    I wanna do it to mine since my pump and everything is out.
    viewtopic.php?f=24&t=25258

1985 330Z

Im just wondering so I can start on my a/c removal, does anyone have the belt size for the pulley after you factor out the a/c pulley being gone?
    Build Log Link: http://z31performance.com/showthread…-VG33-HX35-WIP

If you feel the need to ask for further info than what is posted in this thread about removing components then you should really leave your car alone.
    Bolt on, fast, z31. You can only pick two.
    Old weaksauce numbers: 391hp/433tq

Matt89 wrote: If you feel the need to ask for further info than what is posted in this thread about removing components then you should really leave your car alone.
    i just wanted to know if there was a different thread for the n/a vacuum removal
    88 n/a automatic 9/87 - blown up/parts car
    87 n/a 5speed 9/86 - daily driver
    87 turbo 5speed 6/87- project

what would happen if I totally removed my intake collector, idle-up solenoid valve and FICD? I noticed some other people removed it altogether and blocked it off.

I have a reason.

Pretty cool, I know what I'm gonna do to my z once I get it from my friend haha
    Non turbo, 200K+ mile club, 60mm TB, 149WHP 168WTQ

DeleriousZ wrote: http://www.tboz31.com/

under 'writeups'
    With both of my cars apart, I had forgotten where the coolant lines from the turbo are supposed to go if the plenum coolant hardlines were bypassed.

Using TBO's setup, can I connect the coolant hose from the lower intake plenum to go into one line of the turbo, and then connect the coolant from the heater-hose 't' to the remaining turbo coolant line.

If the turbo coolant lines feed off the plenum hard-lines, then the above should be should work.........?

so, if i wanted to swap a pathfinder manifold on, i could block off everything?

idk if anyone knows, just thought id ask

demonics12 wrote: so, if i wanted to swap a pathfinder manifold on, i could block off everything?

idk if anyone knows, just thought id ask
    yes, I run 0 idle controls or EGR or anything on the intake on my 84.
    - VG30DET (HE341) 86 300ZX - 1982 280ZX Turbo - Headered NA 1986 300ZX 2+2 - 2000 Xterra -

sounds great, ill see if it fits under the stock hood then

Considering nobody has complained or argued against the iac valve removal it's a good option?

I have a large pile of stuff for a project i'm working on and if i so choose to use a stock ecu, it's able to compensate well for idle/cold start?

Stock injectors/maf?

I've removed it on my cars and a few friends cars and all i had to do was adjust the throttle stop. Still, i was at the mercy of air density and temperature. If it was too cold or humid, i had either starting issues or idling issues depending on car. Not all ecu programming is the same. That's why i ask.

Thanks. And if my post doesn't belong here you're welcome to have it deleted.
    vg30'd s13 in progress. Shocks. Pegs. Lucky.

In case anyone is wondering:

A/C removal from the firewall forward*: 42 pounds.

Removing the cruise control: 3 pounds

Seeing daylight in your engine bay: priceless.

* Including all lines, compressor, mounting bracket for the idler pulley, condenser. Not including the compressor bracket (because my alternator's hanging from the bottom of it) or up to 1.5lbs of refrigerant and maybe a pound of fasteners.

i removed all AC firewall forward, and power steering..with a 2+2 with T-tops i sit right around 3050lbs on the scale

I removed ALL the heating and AC and i need to get my car re-weighed

Let me just say what I do have. Idle control.

No- a/c. P/s, aiv, cat, pre turbo plumbing, tps, egr, or coolant piping above the lower intake mani. Runs great! Drives nice too!
    Damn dirty angels....these cars!

Current Daily Driver - 86 Turbo.
    Under the cover - THE BANANA… that needs to be re-energized.
    sigpic

Once i get my motor out im going to block off the plenum stuff that i don't use..my car happily idles at 800rpm with no help

though my last dyno run made it to where my car doesn't want to idle anymore…no idea why…