RSB-07 Cam sensor

If the part is exactly the same, why would it have a different part number?
    Prius… because Pretentious wouldn't fit across the back of the car…

Cheap, Fast, Reliable - pick any two

My 1986 Turbo Build

jaqattack02;319297 wrote: If the part is exactly the same, why would it have a different part number?
    from. what. this guy do to my. z. it bolt up. no wire. bolt up.

they are part. # because. it better. i crack 2 open on. old senser and new. they are. not the same.
    1986 300ZX GLL auto non turbo

cool. story. bro.

Wait… was that even in English?

My 1986 Turbo Build

Maybe not, no location....
    DD:
    86 Black Turbo 5spd
    The Fallen:
    84 red n/a auto Slicktop, 86 Black 2+2 n/a 5spd
    Parting Currently:
    86 White Turbo 5spd, 88 n/a 5spd, 84 AE, 88 Shiro #64
    Garage Sale

so what car does the RSB-07 come from? I would like to give it a fair trial considering the PRW ignitors is da bizznazz for our ignition systems, RSB-07 couldn't hurt.

So they're saying that you can take your existing CAS out of the "dizzy" and install this one or do you have to change the dizzy and all?
    Careless, in the opening thread, he says it came from a 98 Quest or Maxima, "he forgets"....nevemind.
    "zetto sun-ichi" group"

Careless;324840 wrote: so what car does the RSB-07 come from? I would like to give it a fair trial considering the PRW ignitors is da bizznazz for our ignition systems, RSB-07 couldn't hurt.
    from what. i knowing. 1990 vg30e maxima, to 1998 nissan. quest. anything that vg30e prw-2.

i am. sorry my english is no good. I move from cuba and trying to learn. language. i spell good but . need help on my sentance structre.

I am in west kendell florida
    1986 300ZX GLL auto non turbo

ok, so any car that has a PRW-2 ignitor will have the RSB-07. I am going to look for one.

Careless;326345 wrote: ok, so any car that has a PRW-2 ignitor will have the RSB-07. I am going to look for one.
    Very interested to know if and how well this works. Anything to make the car run better Im up to do.
    1985 300ZX Turbo- Wrecked R.I.P.
    -Stock
    04/87 300zx Turbo GLL- Project Car/Daily
    -Built Heads, Cams, HX35....etc.
    2007 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT Quad Cab w/Hemi- SOLD
    -Banks Full 3in Exhaust, Edge Evolution Tuner Chip, K&N Cold Air Intake, BBK 90mm Throttle Body, Full JL Audio Sound System(speakers, amps, subs) Pioneer Touch Screen Head Unit
    2014 Chevy Cruze Lt RS- Daily
    -Stock 1.4T Autotragic

Grabbed a distributor from a Maxima last time I was at the junkyard. While I was working on my car last night my brother pulled the CAS out of it and confirmed it was the RSB-07 model. He installed it in a Z31 distributor we had lying around which the CAS had gone out in. After install we hooked up the wire on my car and spun it and it fired the injectors, so we can confirm that it does work. Haven't tried running a car off it yet to see if there is any improvement.

My 1986 Turbo Build

woah. maxima dist has RSB-07? the dreaded maxima dizzy I had in my car that made it run like shit for two years has been in my "red-flag" reference bin of "keep, but never use" parts. maybe I'll pillage it's innards.

Careless;326847 wrote: woah. maxima dist has RSB-07? the dreaded maxima dizzy I had in my car that made it run like shit for two years has been in my "red-flag" reference bin of "keep, but never use" parts. maybe I'll pillage it's innards.
    Yeah, I grabbed the distributor, the PRW-2 and the efans from it. It was one of the one's with the funny dual runner intakes on it.

My 1986 Turbo Build

OK riddle me this.

I just found out that I do indeed have an RSB-07 in the maxima distributor.
    I also broke a set of plier tips, and the claw off of a hammer trying to pry the last part that holds the cas in. this was a rebuilt dizzy, and it looked like it was pressed on. the bearing underneath is definitely new. Is this part supposed to be this hard to remove? how do you guys remove it without damaging it? I was going to apply heat, but being so close to the sensor… I wasn't cool wid'dat.

glad I got the RSB-07 out of it though. one less trip to the JY, can't imagine having to pull that shit out of a distributor at the JY to shove it in my pants.

Kevin will have to answer that. I'm not sure what he did to get it apart.

My 1986 Turbo Build