ADVANCED Alternator Questions!!!!!

Steve88t wrote: Just take a stock alternator that you know fits the car and have it wound where you want. Want to elaborate on why you need more than 110A of continuous current supply?
    how else would we hit 1.21 gigawatts… and who has the cash for a flux capacitor.

1988 300zxt. gt35, stance, etc. Wheels: Varrstoen ES2 18x9.5 et-13 225/40. 18x10.5 et0 245/40
    1990 jetta vr6'd

Looks like you can build one for about $20 in parts. You'll still need enough power to get to 88mph though.
    :lol:
    Owning one Z is enough work for a lifetime, owning two means you'll have something to do after you're dead.
    '86 NA 5-speed conversion, 8mm wires, MSD ignition, K&N filter, 60mm throttle body
    '85 NA 5-speed (not running, garage queen, needs serious work)

Good info, 95-97 maxima alternator here i come. I love welding 8)

Steve88t wrote: Just take a stock alternator that you know fits the car and have it wound where you want. Want to elaborate on why you need more than 110A of continuous current supply?
    This is EXACTLY what I want to do!!!
    Get it Rewound to my spec.

Except I do not know what a Good price is, WHERE to go, what to say etc etc....

I need it because of my E-Fan and my mini-system.
    110 is actually plenty AMPerage, but who do I need to talk to?
    1SIKZ31 -86 SlickTop- R.I.P. 03/01/10 … Parted out :-(
    … New Project: LS1 Miata. Complete. 510whp. 2500lbs.
    1 Month Away from Rear Mount 76 --> 650-700whp.

[quote]1SIKZ31 wrote:
    Originally posted by Steve88t
    Just take a stock alternator that you know fits the car and have it wound where you want. Want to elaborate on why you need more than 110A of continuous current supply?
    This is EXACTLY what I want to do!!!
    Get it Rewound to my spec.

Except I do not know what a Good price is, WHERE to go, what to say etc etc....

I need it because of my E-Fan and my mini-system.
    110 is actually plenty AMPerage, but who do I need to talk to?
    Just call your local auto electric shop about it, one of our local shops had a big sign talking about rebuilding your stock
    alt. to any spec you want. I don't know what kind of a price you'd pay for that, but call a couple companies and check.
    If you want I can call the companies around here and find out what my local shops would do.
    1984 NA to T Digi-Dash, Morgan's Cam Gears @ -3, Team Green Air Filter, Top Mount Intercooler, Turbo XS Boost Controller, Greddy Type RS BOV, CM 3" Down Pipe, NGK Iridium Spark Plugs, and Maxima E-Fans.

1984 NA 2+2 - New Project Solid Axle Rear - Former Best 1/4 mile 13.452 @105.77mph.

try http://www.mean-green.com. they make high amp alternantors. they dont have 300zx alt's but they can custom make one for you. They have xterra and frontier alt's. they claim up to 300 percent increase in power!