We have determined that a 350Z clutch works in a Z31 right?

• We have determined that a 350Z clutch works in a Z31 right?

Just verifying as I picked up a new aftermarket 350Z PP & disc. Hopefully it fits, as I saw it as an option on one of DXD setups.

Yes.

It works on the 240mm flywheel, not the 250mm flywheel… I think.
    85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
    04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20… underway for summertime daily driver.

The OE 87-89 turbo flywheel have a pressure plate drill pattern all it's own. The 350z pp has the same drill pattern as the 84-89 n/a and the 84-86 turbo. Also. The 350z flywheel is flat and the 300zx is stepped. That has to be addressed. Not doing so could result in an extremely low engagement or possibly a release issue.
    Dave
    Z31P sponsor
    800-988-4345 ext: 114
    http://www.DXDRacingclutches.com

90 Z32 Base 5spd, 05 Z33 Touring 6spd.
    SOLD- 84 Z31 NA2T GLL 5spd

Is there any option for the 30a crowd? Maybe with this new cromoly biz?
    DD:
    86 Black Turbo 5spd
    The Fallen:
    84 red n/a auto Slicktop, 86 Black 2+2 n/a 5spd
    Parting Currently:
    86 White Turbo 5spd, 88 n/a 5spd, 84 AE, 88 Shiro #64
    Garage Sale

MADMIKE wrote: Is there any option for the 30a crowd? Maybe with this new cromoly biz?
    it bolts up to the fidanza. its not the trans that is the issue, it's the flywheel.
    any aftermarket flywheel that works in both the 71C and 30A should work fine.

I literally just checked the dowel pin and bolt holes 20 minutes ago.

Can use the 240mm flywheel with a 30a if you please.

1988 300zxt. gt35, stance, etc. Wheels: Varrstoen ES2 18x9.5 et-13 225/40. 18x10.5 et0 245/40
    1990 jetta vr6'd

^^ I have an 85t in my shiro using a 30a, no problems with that. can you put a 240mm on a W series turbo? or will the starter not engage it?
    SS #341
    "This car can be vicious, but in an unusual way, like a shark in a funny hat."
    -Jeremy Clarkson

MADMIKE wrote: Is there any option for the 30a crowd? Maybe with this new cromoly biz?
    Chromoly or just pick up the 240mm flywheel.
    Originally posted by Andrew84zx
    tell her your car is so fast it will make her panties fly off
    545 RWHP & 540 RWTQ

[quote]FlawleZ wrote:
    Originally posted by MADMIKE
    Is there any option for the 30a crowd? Maybe with this new cromoly biz?
    Chromoly or just pick up the 240mm flywheel.
    or Fidanza.

But had I not already bought one last year, I would be buying the Chromoly SBC.
    I just got back from having my Fidanza resurfaced a hair's width, with a wet-stone resurfacing tool as Dave @ SBC suggested.
    The sintered steel friction plate was quite scorched from repetitive slipping and transmission shudder in order to keep my drivetrain together.
    That's about the most you can resurface an aluminum flywheel and steel plate without having to replace the friction disc. The inside fasteners that hold the plate on were juuuuuuuuuuuuuust brushed with the resurfacing stone, so that's it for this unit.

If I'm ever going to pull the trans again, I may just get a Chromoly flywheel if they're still available in the future. I think SBC will sell enough of these to warrant keeping a supply in stock.

Durkin wrote: ^^ I have an 85t in my shiro using a 30a, no problems with that. can you put a 240mm on a W series turbo? or will the starter not engage it?
    What flywheel and clutch do you have in there now?
    Shiro #443

[quote]Rick88ss wrote:
    Originally posted by Durkin
    ^^ I have an 85t in my shiro using a 30a, no problems with that. can you put a 240mm on a W series turbo? or will the starter not engage it?

What flywheel and clutch do you have in there now?
    You can use either the 240mm or 250mm on any transmission and any engine and any starter. Only the clutch/pressure plate assy and flywheel have to match.
    Originally posted by Andrew84zx
    tell her your car is so fast it will make her panties fly off
    545 RWHP & 540 RWTQ

oh, I thought that there was an advantage to running the 250mm Flywheel.
    DD:
    86 Black Turbo 5spd
    The Fallen:
    84 red n/a auto Slicktop, 86 Black 2+2 n/a 5spd
    Parting Currently:
    86 White Turbo 5spd, 88 n/a 5spd, 84 AE, 88 Shiro #64
    Garage Sale

Rick88ss wrote: What flywheel and clutch do you have in there now?
    As far as I know its a factory turbo clutch made for the 85t. It was on it when I got the engine, with only about 300miles on it.
    SS #341
    "This car can be vicious, but in an unusual way, like a shark in a funny hat."
    -Jeremy Clarkson

[quote]Durkin wrote:
    Originally posted by Rick88ss
    What flywheel and clutch do you have in there now?As far as I know its a factory turbo clutch made for the 85t. It was on it when I got the engine, with only about 300miles on it.
    If it's stock 85T parts then the 240mm flywheel works with the 30A 5 speed.
    Shiro #443