71c compatiable vehicles?

• 71c compatiable vehicles?

Living up in Chicago, it's very hard to find a Z in the junkyards or find people parting them out on CL. I was wonder what other vehicles have the 71C besides the 240SX, 180SX, Silvia. Also, is the 240 any year has it or certain ones? I do have 2 71c trannys in my garage so if the bolt patterns are different, I've got the Bellhouse. I've got to buy a transmission on July 1st or around then (I get my monthly car money) and don't feel like driving to Green Bay or South Bend area. Thanks guys
    Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead.

the only direct bolt in will come from an even harder to find nissan, 200sx v6.

you can get any 71c from a 240sx but you will have to change the transmission case and possibly the input/output shafts.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a mans character make him a moderator.

That sounds like more work than just driving a few extra hours. I'm trying to find the specs right now on a 90' 240sx but am having no luck so far. Whelp I'm gonna get back to searching.

I have on f/s in florida ! lol I would drive the 2-3 hours if you have to, they are good trannies.

Regardless of how far I have to drive (reasonably), I'll have a transmission by next weekend. I'm calling all the junkyards within 300 miles of me right now. Sadly, that's not very many junkyards.

govbrown wrote: Regardless of how far I have to drive (reasonably), I'll have a transmission by next weekend. I'm calling all the junkyards within 300 miles of me right now. Sadly, that's not very many junkyards.
    The things we take for granted here in fl. I wish you luck.

clostoyo wrote:

Once I move back to Austin, TX this fall/winter, I'll be back in junkyard heaven. I can't wait. No more salty roads.
    I'm kinda in a catch 22 right now also. I'm borrowing my late grandmothers car from my dad as a DD till my Z is back on the road, so I have to have it running to move seeing how my wife can't pay her car note and got her Xterra repoed. Good riddance on that though. Fucked our credit, but I get to spend the old car note on my Z.

[quote]govbrown wrote:
    Originally posted by clostoyo

Once I move back to Austin, TX this fall/winter, I'll be back in junkyard heaven. I can't wait. No more salty roads.
    I'm kinda in a catch 22 right now also. I'm borrowing my late grandmothers car from my dad as a DD till my Z is back on the road, so I have to have it running to move seeing how my wife can't pay her car note and got her Xterra repoed. Good riddance on that though. Fucked our credit, but I get to spend the old car note on my Z.
    If you spend it on the Z, youll have a beast b4 you know it.

clostoyo wrote:
    If you spend it on the Z, youll have a beast b4 you know it.
    That's what I'm hoping for. I'm working tranny and getting CM exhaust in July, August will be tires and the rest of the suspension, September will be new carpet and odds and ends like my left Headlight motor will drop the headlight but not bring it back up and my left window motor is weak. Then onto paint and I'll have caught up with 40% of the people on these threads. Then I'll have a build thread of my long awaited Z31. I've owned it since April '07 and I've driven it probably 150 miles since. I have the worst luck with bills and being able to save money.

aceman wrote: the only direct bolt in will come from an even harder to find nissan, 200sx v6.

you can get any 71c from a 240sx but you will have to change the transmission case and possibly the input/output shafts.
    That 200SX Transmission does NOT fit. It is 2 or so inches shorter at the tail shaft and not usable without modifications we weren't able to perform.

I have tried it, measured them, there's probably a thread with pics, they're not the same, even though the part numbers are identical.

88 N/A GL
    https://sites.google.com/site/distortionfile/
    My Comedy Website. Who knows, you might laugh.

[quote]Distortionfile wrote:
    Originally posted by aceman
    the only direct bolt in will come from an even harder to find nissan, 200sx v6.

you can get any 71c from a 240sx but you will have to change the transmission case and possibly the input/output shafts.That 200SX Transmission does NOT fit. It is 2 or so inches shorter at the tail shaft and not usable without modifications we weren't able to perform.

I have tried it, measured them, there's probably a thread with pics, they're not the same, even though the part numbers are identical.
    Thanks for the input. This info will be great for other people that search later on down the road. As for me, I've solved my problem. I'm just gonna stick with a Z31 71c.

Have you tried a KA hardbody pickup? my buddies came with a 71c.

Re:

I was looking around and read something about the Hardbody transmission being a bit shorter than 240SX/300ZX 71C transmissions. I'm also looking for a transmission but there are no cheap Z31 transmissions around at the moment. Looks like the 240SX one is the only one that will work with minimal effort.
    Tinker Toy Equipped

I have a good 71C in a 86 parts car in my backyard right now. Too bad I'm so far away.

1988 300ZX Turbo, Shiro Special #760
    1988 300ZX Turbo Automatic (wife's car)
    1991 Hard-body 2WD

http://zccw.org/zccw/?page_id=1215

MrFishHat wrote: Have you tried a KA hardbody pickup? my buddies came with a 71c.
    ^^^This. And also, I had an 86 1/2 hardbody pickup with the z24 engine and it had a 71c.
    Shiro #93
    Mods: A/C Removal, Custom Lightweight W-series crank pulley, K&N Air Filter, Electric Fan, EGR/AIV/CC removal