Z32 TT tranny Swap..

uhhhhhh, why wouldnt we be interested? Sounds awesome! Pics or it didnt happen, lol!
    "Its the s12's sexy over weight step daughter, the z31"

Here's a little something that shows it did happend. Got some minor things to figure out before she's ready to go..

I'll post the rest of it when summer hit's Sweden and she's polished up and dynoed.. :-)

http://Jocke.z31turbo.com 11.842s car
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfRwqC3jkAk
    If Nissan motorsports is Nismo, wouldn't Honda Motorsports be Homo?

OH SNAP SON!!!
    85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
    04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20… underway for summertime daily driver.

BOOM to the POWER of BOOM.

Going to pull a bell housing off a z31 FS5R30A today.... anyone wan't pics of anything in particular?

This will go on a z31 R30A closer to october.

How hard is it to swap bellhousings from a Z31 30A to a Z32 30A?

What do you do for the electronic speed sensor?

Any pics?
    Shiro #443

not hard at all. When i did mine it was my first time. Just read the fsm ahead of time as there is a couple little balls and springs. It took me about an hour and a half to do.
    86na2t + holset

feedback
    viewtopic.php?f=18&t=6114&hilit=andrew+gardner

I found a good write up with pics of a Z32/RB25 hybrid tranny.

First pics show a Z32 tranny being taken apart.

http://www.rbz32.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=57

To just swap the bell housings all you need to do is remove the throwout bearing, and pull the pivot fork off the pivot ball, slide it out of the bell housing.

Also pull the outter detent ball out of the trans. Remove the 17mm bolt on the side of the transmission and remove the spring and then remove the ball. Keep these in a safe place.

Then remove the 10mm bolts that hold the front cover on, the front cover will pull off with some force (its gasketed on)

There will be one large snap ring, and one small snap ring, remove both (you'll see them)

Now youll need to remove all of the 14mm bolts in the center of the trans (these hold the bell housing on)

Now grab your mallet and whack the bell housing till its loose, it'll slide right off

Reverse the process (dont forget new gaskets or RTV) and you've got a new hybrid trans
    Shiro #443

its very easy.
    the hardest thing is to remove the check ball retainer (not the check ball itself).

you must remove the check ball retainer to pull the bell housing off. i tried for an hour to hammer the shit out of the bellhousing to get it off because we couldn't remove the retainer. once we managed to get the retainer out the bell housing came out like a bawseeeeeeee.

really it's simple.

remove all side bolts that hold the bell housing on.
    remove the seal plate inside the bell housing.
    remove the c-clips and snap rings that hold the shaft and the shift rod in place.
    do not remove the locating pins in the rear of the transmission shifter housing… it's unnecessary unless removing the back half of the case (no need for this type of job!)
    remove the check ball and spring, then the check ball retainer.

bell housing comes off.
    do the same to the z32.
    and swap bell housings.

it's best to press out the counter shaft bearing in the bell housing and put a new one in, since you're there.
    also, you should get a new seal for the cover plate, and new c-clips/snap rings if you damage yours taking them out (like if you don't have a set of snap-ring pliers and use something else to get them out like I did).

and you'll need a new paper gasket for the seal plate. some light brushing of RTV to seal the case halves together is ideal. and as for the speedometer sensor- i think there is one from a pathfinder that works, though I'm not sure yet.

I am going to replace the check-ball retainer on my trans unless the one on the Z32 fits and it's in good condition. there is an o-ring that will need replacing so maybe that will do it.

I believe its 32 dollars and it's covered in the RB26/Z32 trans swap on HybridZ by Boost3d.

LOL…I guess you didn't see my last post.
    Shiro #443

Rick88ss wrote: LOL…I guess you didn't see my last post.
    it warned me that you posted while i was typing, but i posted it anyway since i removed the bell housing last weekend…

ok sorry If I am blind and didn't see it posted in early posts,
    but does anyone know what the difference is between the non-turbo z32 trans and TT transmission is, locally i have the non-turbo transmission all over the place that I can swap but have had no luck finding a TT transmission
    1984 300ZX - 1988 VG30T Engine, Trans, Diff, ECU
    1987 300ZX TURBO - ( Parts Car ), 1988 300ZX TURBO - ( Parts Car )
    1972 240Z -- Full restore - L28ET L6 Engine from 280zx, T-5 transmission, Rear diff from the 87
    1998 Mazda B-2500, And a lot of bikes

1997 jdm trans is THE onlly one that is different/better

doesn't the TT tranny have the starter mounted in a different spot?

they all do. Which is why I dont get people sourcing all the parts they do to do the swap. All I did was find a pathfinder 5 speed in the junkyard and remove its bellhousing. Then I swapped it onto the TT tranny I have, that way I didnt have to swap flywheels or starters.