Z32 TT tranny Swap..

• Careless wrote: sooooo you're going to provide DS measurements with the s13/14 subframe and allllll dat? :-D
    Yup, I gots all that, the drivetrain is now completely done as of today!

I'm going to put the info in my build thread, but I won't be updating that until I get it running, which shouldn't be too far from now!
    1988 SS #71

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

• has anyone ever at any point in this thread explained why the maxima flywheel is needed for this swap?

Also, looking to clean up this thread with info on the maxima fly, clutch, and starter setup. As well as the bellhousing swap method(known as the right way).

I will probably do it build list style on the first page and have people confirm the accuracy of each component in each list. Sound good?
    "Its the s12's sexy over weight step daughter, the z31"

• Sounds good.
    Using the Z32NA bellhousing, the Maxima flywheel puts the ring gear in almost the correct location (1mm difference I believe)

Z32

Maxima

and finally the Z31 flywheel.
    M30, Z32 and Maxima starter bolts up.The friction surface is 4mm closer to the engine which makes me wonder.
    Cha iro

enjoy building it yourself.
    if it fails, fuck it.
    at least you gave it a whirl.

• Just to let everyone know the z31 clutch does not fit the Maxima flywheel. So either you get the flywheel redrilled, Maxima clutch, or swap bellhousing which go for 350.00 brand new from Nissan. Which ever route you decide to go with will be the same price wise if you do not already have a 30a so it comes down to whatever works best for you.

• 30a bellhouseing is easy to find and cheap in a junk yard
    86na2t + holset

feedback
    viewtopic.php?f=18&t=6114&hilit=andrew+gardner

• Got my TT trans just need the Pathy bell.. time for a trip to the pick and pull!
    From what iv'e read/heard the 2WD and 4WD bells ARE the same… some one correct me if i'm wrong..
    D@MN IT FEELS GOOD TO BE A GANGSTA

• You are correct
    86na2t + holset

feedback

• gardner86zx;317950 wrote: 30a bellhouseing is easy to find and cheap in a junk yard
    Oh really?
    Cha iro

if it fails, fuck it.

• Augustus Maximus;317988 wrote: Oh really?
    Yup. Any vg3xe with standard trany d21,wd21, r50. Xtera. Frontiers
    Lots of options
    86na2t + holset

feedback

• In my case the closest pick and pull is 6hrs away so cost wise it would be the same, so it all depends on what parts you can source out. If you get the bellhousing everything will bolt up if you dont you can use the Maxima Flywheel with Maxima or SR20 clutch with that said the Z31 does not share the same bolt pattern on the pressure plate

• Kinda makes you wonder how much those assholes on the M30 site was lying. Cuz I ran into the same issue. Post up when you get it going and if you don't I will. This shit is yet to be properly documented in my opinion.
    Cha iro

if it fails, fuck it.

• Looks like my TT trans swap just entered the next level!

• Definitely a swap I want to do in the future.

1985 Nissan 300ZX 2+2- My first Z, back in the family
    1987 Nissan 300ZX Turbo RIP 4/87 - 4/28/2011
    Under Construction: 1986 Nissan 300ZX NA2T Slicktop
    Originally posted by Tempestas
    Well, one of the t-tops wasn't latched real well… God only knows where that t-top flew off to at 150+ mph. Didn't scratch the car or anything, just a boom and it was gone. I sure as hell didn't stop to see where it went. I didn't see any stories on the news… so that's a plus.

• TearingRaven;318780 wrote: Definitely a swap I want to do in the future.
    Do ITTTTT!

• Well I have a lead on one of these through a friend so it looks like it may become a reality sooner than I thought. That said, my existing 30A would have to take a serious dump unless I come across one of them in a junkyard to source a bellhousing.

But that said, I REALLY want the Z32 starter

1985 Nissan 300ZX 2+2- My first Z, back in the family
    1987 Nissan 300ZX Turbo RIP 4/87 - 4/28/2011
    Under Construction: 1986 Nissan 300ZX NA2T Slicktop
    Originally posted by Tempestas
    Well, one of the t-tops wasn't latched real well… God only knows where that t-top flew off to at 150+ mph. Didn't scratch the car or anything, just a boom and it was gone. I sure as hell didn't stop to see where it went. I didn't see any stories on the news… so that's a plus.