Na2t new clutch slip…

Make sure your pedal is adjust properly, and not partially engaging. If the pedal feels really good and solid, it's probably too solid. I set mine to have slight travel before it starts engaging because I had that issue after I replaced the master cylinder because it was slipping.

That being said, my original clutch slipping problem was caused by a gummed up master cylinder no allowing the clutch to fully engage. it would barely even cycle fluid because it was full of this grey gunk. Replaced master cylinder, flushed the entire system thoroughly, bled system, set pedal adjustment, and have enjoyed happy times at full boost ever since.

the pedal adjustment specs are in the FSM if I recall. something like 20mm of play on initial foot-in.

Shuman47;323679 wrote: That being said, my original clutch slipping problem was caused by a gummed up master cylinder no allowing the clutch to fully engage. it would barely even cycle fluid because it was full of this grey gunk. Replaced master cylinder, flushed the entire system thoroughly, bled system, set pedal adjustment, and have enjoyed happy times at full boost ever since.
    I had this grey gunk you speak of too....

pedal might not be adjusted properly. make sure there is some slack in the pedal it could not be releasing all the way

G-E;324977 wrote: I had this grey gunk you speak of too....
    that's what happens when someone leaves the cap unsealed for an extended period of time in the spring, when it's nice and rainy/moist (or mixes it with other oiley fluids). lol. best thing to do is actually blow the line out with compressed air to get it all out.

Adjustment to the pedal throw was one of the 1st things I did after the new slave… All the way both ways and then back to where the clutch starts to engage after a bit (maybe an inch or two?). Slipped all the way through the process.
    just to make sure everyone is on the same page,

new clutch & pp
    new slave cyl
    new clutch master cyl
    adjusted pedal throw
    and bled the system

I think I screwed up when I did not resurface the flywheel? And the set up I have dyno'd 212 hp on the car I pulled the parts off of… So unless I gotta knock off exedy or a fluke in production I should have been ok with hp/tq on the stock stuff?

Did you scuff the flywheel at least? You can get away without resurfacing keeping in mind that break-in will take months then but still happens eventually

Did you even clean your flyweel and not have oil on it? The slip can be contamination.

Hell with it, get a DXD and call it a day. It still uses a excedy disc, but is much stronger. I dont even race or track my car. I just got tired of crappy clutches, shelled out the last of my unemployment and purchased this clutch and never looked back.
    My Build Thread