How many Welded diff's???

Re: How many Welded diff's???

I've used welded in some other cars, but on a stock Z31 with tired bushings, I would imagine stuff back there would start falling apart in a hurry. They are really shitty at the limit when drifting, as it won't respond to throttle inputs as well to keep the car in check. This gets worse when you upgrade your wheels and tires and add grip.

Then you guys who think LSD's are a waste of cash start spinning out and make posts on FB about how the Z31 needs moar steering angle.

They are great for just starting to learn while burning up crap tires. To date, there are probably 8 people on this forum with REAL aftermarket LSD's in their cars who can tell you for sure if it's worth it or not.
    sigpic

i had the stock diff in my 86 welded so i could drift. i dailyd my Z and gave drift lessons at U-DRIFT in vegas for a year and a half.
    it made TONS of noise when cornering, completely unsafe in the rain with any kind of power. tires sqeal on concrete. girls ask if and assume the car is gonna fall apart.

the shittiest thing about welded is IF you get a flat tire and the spare is smaller than the other side…your gonna destroy the spare. i speak of this because it happend to me.

then i swapped in clsd from a 88t. never will i go back to welded. the lsd is quiet, smooth, (worth decent $ if i wanted to sale), tires last longer, you can take corners quick, more safe than welded in the rain, and the ability to lock both together when i want.

no control in a welded diff…but the one REALLY cool thing about welded is strait line stability.

lol @ people who say weldeds make alot of noise..

my tires hardly ever squeal at low speeds, I have high cornering capabilities, and ultimate control even with slicks..
    Just learn to drive a little more cautious and learn your car..

and I will never use a half-assed piece of shit donut spare tire as a spare period
    those things are trash

plus my tires last quite some time. but I drive fast 99% of the time or drive like a jackass 99% of hte time

manrossdamn wrote: lol @ people who say weldeds make alot of noise..

my tires hardly ever squeal at low speeds, I have high cornering capabilities, and ultimate control even with slicks..
    Just learn to drive a little more cautious and learn your car..

and I will never use a half-assed piece of shit donut spare tire as a spare period
    those things are trash

plus my tires last quite some time. but I drive fast 99% of the time or drive like a jackass 99% of hte time
    im sure your car handles awesome on a track, especially when your on slicks and your putting your high cornering capabilities to the limit in your na 2+2! maybe ill make a special trip to see your skills. im in austin, i have family in clear lake, it will be a good chance to see them…and those capabilities.

it doesnt matter what tire you use as a spare, if it doesnt match the opposite sides tire height, youll tear it up.

welded diffs make and cause noise, if not, you must have not put many miles on it, or actually drifted much with it, because it WILL start making noise. your tires last quite some time? i went thru a pair every 6 months with a welded diff, went lsd and the same pair lasts a year. then again, im running 245s....not bicycle 215s on a 15 inch wheel.

lol..
    friend is running a VQ35 in a S14 on 255's, daily drives/drifts welded diffs day in day out.
    another friend, drift car, ka-t 300+ whp welded diffs on 245's, those tires last them the whole event (federal ss 595)
    man you people are arrogant and can't stand a little bit of chit chat
    but wait I don't live in the old ages LOL

oh and Ian is running a welded as well.
    And now I have my car boosted and 215's don't even hold traction
    but i'm not upping the tires until I get a cage, new clutch, and start competing.

I love how people are such jackass's and can't respect someones opinions.

manrossdamn wrote: lol..
    friend is running a VQ35 in a S14 on 255's, daily drives/drifts welded diffs day in day out.
    another friend, drift car, ka-t 300+ whp welded diffs on 245's, those tires last them the whole event (federal ss 595)
    man you people are arrogant and can't stand a little bit of chit chat
    but wait I don't live in the old ages LOL

oh and Ian is running a welded as well.
    And now I have my car boosted and 215's don't even hold traction
    but i'm not upping the tires until I get a cage, new clutch, and start competing.

I love how people are such jackass's and can't respect someones opinions.
    so your saying that your friends have welded diffs, not you? your a joke. welded diffs making noise is not an opinion. its a fact. why were you sayin that shit about your superior handling capabilities and even better on slicks when you are running a stock clutch? retard. fool. dont say anything else on this thread. please.