Clutch Fork Options

MADMIKE;319643 wrote: Nor has it been a mystery.... That would be like saying OMG the SBC upgraded pressure plate is the same as the Z33 Pressure plate.
    the difference is dave advertises the clutch as a modified z33 pressure plate.
    zspeedperformance, to my recollection, never indicated what the fork was from- so many didn't know it was from a z33. myself included.

Cool enough. I bought mine through Zspeed one of the main points of this mod for me was the Cromo Pivot. The Fork is no less important to me, though obviously.
    DD:
    86 Black Turbo 5spd
    The Fallen:
    84 red n/a auto Slicktop, 86 Black 2+2 n/a 5spd
    Parting Currently:
    86 White Turbo 5spd, 88 n/a 5spd, 84 AE, 88 Shiro #64
    Garage Sale

The cromoly ball wears out regular forks quickly from what I hear, the beefy z33 fork should last a while

I may take the dive and do this upgrade..The time is right to do it, everything is taken apart right now, and the swap would be easy… hrm. Shipping is a bit much, though.

-Strike-;320870 wrote: I may take the dive and do this upgrade..The time is right to do it, everything is taken apart right now, and the swap would be easy… hrm. Shipping is a bit much, though.
    If you have a heavy loaded pressure plate i would 100 % recommend this upgrade.
    Usual Z31 suspect: Garage Queen (aka broken)

Ordered this morning, they've already shipped. Nice. Shipping is a little spendy for us up here in Canada. But, I am used to paying at least an arm, and most of the time the leg as well.

Careless;319652 wrote: the difference is dave advertises the clutch as a modified z33 pressure plate.
    That's only for my 350z lower staged stuff.. all the Z31 and Z33 SS (aka stage 3) are a 350z pressure plate that is not available from Nissan. They average around 2700lbs of clamp load with no modification. The 'stock' Exedy 350z pressure plates are 1790lbs, my standard modified Exedy is 1910lbs and a blown out Exedy is around 2300lbs. That being said, I have modified the SS pressure plates up to 3800lbs on a 'blown out' version and have held over 800tq.

All right I gathered already it doesn't fit the 71C tranny. Does it interchange between the fs5r30a and and the fs5r90a??
    Life's short
    Go fast
    Have a blast
    Leave a good looking corpse

flatfoot;327224 wrote: All right I gathered already it doesn't fit the 71C tranny. Does it interchange between the fs5r30a and and the fs5r90a??
    No. 30a only.
    Hmmm, Whats next?
    Full Size Bronco, smashing shit.

84ZXT

So maybe I'm lost in all this discussion, if a 71c is only really good at taking say 300tq, you don't exactly need a heavy heavy pressure plate for that, and if you do get a hugely capable clutch in there for a higher power car, aren't you just asking for exploding gears? Shouldn't you be switching to a '30a instead?

G-E;328370 wrote: So maybe I'm lost in all this discussion, if a 71c is only really good at taking say 300tq, you don't exactly need a heavy heavy pressure plate for that, and if you do get a hugely capable clutch in there for a higher power car, aren't you just asking for exploding gears? Shouldn't you be switching to a '30a instead?
    Yes, but 30a can be hard to find and 71c are plentiful enough to blow a few up while looking.
    Hmmm, Whats next?

84ZXT

That's why the Z32 easier to find and stronger 30A.
    Cha iro

enjoy building it yourself.
    if it fails, fuck it.
    at least you gave it a whirl.

Speaking of I need to make the time to go get bell housings! The last month has brought a new job. A long commute, looking for a closer residence and even less time .
    Hmmm, Whats next?

84ZXT

OR how about the even more available pathfinder/hardbody trans… that's a direct fit

I'm testing the Maxima setup in the next two weeks. Prepping for the engine hoist as we speak. Let's say I'm kinda curious.
    Cha iro

enjoy building it yourself.
    if it fails, fuck it.
    at least you gave it a whirl.