Maxima Flywheel DXD Stage 3 Daily clutch kit

• Maxima Flywheel DXD Stage 3 Daily clutch kit

Hey guys,
    So I am in the process of swapping out my T5 for a z32 transmission as many of you know. I bought everything for the swap which consists of a Maxima aluminum flywheel and a South Bend Clutch DXD stage 3 Daily but the bolt holes would not line up. I had the same problem as this guy http://forums.f31club.com/phpBB3/vie…&view=previous. What I did was use a round file to make the bottome portion of the hole big enough for the bolt to go through including the pins. My question is do you guys think I will run into problems for doing this once installing everything or should I take caution and weld some washers to the Pressure Plate?

Also another thing I forgot to mention was the Maxima fidanza flywheel has a 240mm friction surface and the SS pressure plate and disk are 250mm. I hope I am fine since it should work with my stock 240mm flywheel.

I have a genuine Maxima flywheel for the Z32NA swap. Ran into the same problem trying to fit a 350Z pressure plate I had lying around, so I got a Z31 clutch kit that was also a no go. I ended up with a Maxima clutch kit and it lined perfectly with the holes. I took it at one point to get re-drilled at the machinist but that was too expensive to get done, when I snatched my shit back they said I could use a file and ghetto rig the holes (like you did) but then I might run into problems. You know that is supposed to be a balanced assembly, don't you?
    I just picked up the Xcessive Manufacturing short solid shifter bracket, I highly recommend it from looks to functionality.
    Cha iro

enjoy building it yourself.
    if it fails, fuck it.
    at least you gave it a whirl.

Yeah I know it is suppose to be balanced so I plan on doing that. A new kit will run me around 500.00 so Im hoping to get this thing balanced and maybe get some washers welded on top of the slotted holes for perfect fitment. Might cost me about 150-200 dollars but it is better than losing 500.00.

Should have swapped the bells. None of these problems would have come up.
    "Its the s12's sexy over weight step daughter, the z31"

^not always an option for those of us without Z31 30A's! (im planning to do this swap too)

simple enough, remove the material you need to get it to fit, THEN get the assembly balanced…
    Damn dirty angels....these cars!

Current Daily Driver - 86 Turbo.
    Under the cover - THE BANANA… that needs to be re-energized.
    sigpic

Once its done, swapping trannys will be simpler.
    Cha iro

if it fails, fuck it.

plus it's cake to find CHEAP Z32 NA transmissions EVERYWHERE!

sigpic

5 speed pathfinders are everywhere dead in junkyards.

clutch/flywheel swap> having to swap bellhousing for transmission replacement! plus there is more of an aftermarket for the Z32 30A's already anyway.

sigpic

All I need is driveshaft measurements and I'll be all set.
    Cha iro

if it fails, fuck it.

No. To all of your points. sorry. Until you guys have done both ways, I dont buy it. I dont ever argue on here anymore but this crap is out of control.

A. you are sacrificing clutch surface
    B. you are making your flywheel "fit" (call southbend and get one drilled correctly for all this trouble)
    C. Anything you want to buy for a z32 n/a tranny works when swapping bells.
    D. you get to KEEP EVERYTHING ELSE STOCK EXCEPT DRIVESHAFT AND SHIFTER!!!!!! OMG!

^ these thing out weigh all your guys points. I understand justifying your current purchases but please......

It takes les that an hour to swap the bellhouseing.
    86na2t + holset

feedback
    viewtopic.php?f=18&t=6114&hilit=andrew+gardner

and if you do the s-chassis rear swap, you can make a driveshaft that works with the NA or TT z32 transmissions and it will be easier to find in the future if you break them a lot.

Augustus Maximus;316381 wrote: All I need is driveshaft measurements and I'll be all set.
    35" according to the swap thread.