Maxima Flywheel DXD Stage 3 Daily clutch kit

Took PP and flywheel to get balanced as a set.The machinest will be centering the PP as well as drilling bigger dowel pins to center the old ones as well as adding 3 more . If it doesn't fit we figure out a way to make it work that is what us z31 guys do! As many of you know I tried to get the 30a bellhousing for this swap but had no luck so now this but on the bright side I can always rebuild this PP by sending it to DXD. So I better get it done right instead of using a file plus it is for my own safety. On another note I have had this clutch for about 1 year already or else I would of had DXD drill out a flywheel that would fit perfectly.

So I stopped by and talked to my machinest to see how things were going with the pressure plate and he said drilling out the holes a bit bigger should not be a problem since they only apply pressure on the Pressure Plate to have it sit with the flywheel and that the dowel pins are in there to secure it from movement or vibration as well as for the alignment of the Pressure Plate.

Got these right?
    Cha iro

enjoy building it yourself.
    if it fails, fuck it.
    at least you gave it a whirl.

I do not I thought the stock ones would bolt up according to what I have read. I will also call DXD tomorrow since the Pressure Plates on the Nissan Maxima are the same from 89-2001 according to ACT clutches and I went to my local auto parts store and they use the same part # for the 3rd and 4th gen Maximas. Here is the 4th gen clutch stage 3 daily from DXD http://www.dxdracingclutches.com/html/maxima.html if it is 250mm the only thing that I will need is the Pressure Plate and it would be the same price as it would be to get the one I have now machined. Good thing I told the machinest to not work on it until monday that I give him the Ok to work on it.

So I went to the machine shop today and the machinest said his machine does not allow him to see if the pressure plate is 100% centered or not because of the design of the PP. What do you guys think of just making the holes bigger and balancing my flywheel and PP as a set or should I just get the correct PP? I have called Dave at DXD and left 3 messages and no call back yet hopefully I get a call back.

Buy the correct shit and save yourself the headache.
    Cha iro

if it fails, fuck it.

You are right Augustus. I just got off the phone with Dave at SBC and he gave me a good deal for a new pressure plate, getting my flywheel redrilled, and balancing both as a set including shipping for 300 bucks. I wish I would've talked to Dave at SBC before I f'd up my pressure plate. Im sure if I just get my flywheel redrilled I should be fine since I only filed a little bit of the holes but better to be safe than sorry and only do it once but do it right.

Maxima 95-01 uses the Exedy kit 06044, it has it's own drilling pattern. Does not share with the 240mm Z31 (06031/06032) or the 250mm Z31 (06055), nor does it share with the 350z stuff (NSK1000).

Any progress?
    Cha iro

if it fails, fuck it.

Not yet, just got my hands on all the parts needed. Now need to install get my custom driveshaft and alignment. Car should be up and fully running by July.

Just dropped the engine back in tonight…now I see which part of the tunnel I need to massage. Driveshaft should be here next week.
    Cha iro

if it fails, fuck it.

Thanks for the update Augustus keep us updated on the progress

Between work and other things I can't get time to do as much as I'd like, but I'll take a few pics,
    Cha iro

if it fails, fuck it.

Starter is in…bleeding clutch. Transmission mount bolted up perfectly. Will post pics when I get a chance.
    Cha iro

if it fails, fuck it.

Who made that shifter support bracket? I need (/need to make) one soon…