Help....Going crazy!!!

G-E;335443 wrote: The block that has the TOB comes in several heights, you may have the wrong one if it doesn't disengage fully or push all the way

btw the T5 is the '90a
    I really don't know if I have the right TOB sleeve, so I went ahead and ordered a new one along with an 86 fork and pivot ball. And thank you for the clarification on the T5 being the 90a, there are so many num. IDK what's what.

I'll let everybody knows what happens in the next couple of weeks, bought the 3rd clutch (SPEC stage 5) hopefully it sticks i have changed everithing from the block back (flywheel, clutch twice, cylinders twice, clutch line, eliminated damper, tranny) so now I am changing the fork, TOB sleeve and pivot ball along with a new clutch, hopefully it works....

mkivgen1;335587 wrote: I really don't know if I have the right TOB sleeve, so I went ahead and ordered a new one along with an 86 fork and pivot ball. And thank you for the clarification on the T5 being the 90a, there are so many num. IDK what's what.
    FWIW, the Throw Out Bearing assembly on Rock Auto, made by Timken, has the same part number for both the 86T and 86 NA.
    Prius… because Pretentious wouldn't fit across the back of the car…

Cheap, Fast, Reliable - pick any two

My 1986 Turbo Build

jaqattack02;335596 wrote: FWIW, the Throw Out Bearing assembly on Rock Auto, made by Timken, has the same part number for both the 86T and 86 NA.
    But I wonder if is the same as the 85 tranny, I had a 85 tranny on the car and bought a 86 turbo t5 tranny. In the Courtesy Nissan web page it had 3 different TOB bearing sleeves.

JUST to clarify, you ARE running break in procedure for 750-1000 miles before getting on it hard, correct? if not, it's a VERY quick way to smoke a brand new stage whatever clutch!
    Damn dirty angels....these cars!

Current Daily Driver - 86 Turbo.
    Under the cover - THE BANANA… that needs to be re-energized.
    sigpic

mkivgen1;335780 wrote: But I wonder if is the same as the 85 tranny, I had a 85 tranny on the car and bought a 86 turbo t5 tranny. In the Courtesy Nissan web page it had 3 different TOB bearing sleeves.
    71C, 90A, 30A's.

heck I think the TOB I replaced on my 280ZX was the same as one for my Z31!
    Damn dirty angels....these cars!

Current Daily Driver - 86 Turbo.
    Under the cover - THE BANANA… that needs to be re-energized.
    sigpic

Axel kain;335824 wrote: 71C, 90A, 30A's.
    Just got the parts for the car, hell as long as the stupid car works!
    And I did get on it a little bit when I installed the 2nd clutch , maybe I screwed it up, but I did found tranny fluid under the car today again, probably the input shaft retainer went out again and its probably full of fluid again.

Axel kain;335824 wrote: 71C, 90A, 30A's.

Well guys.....finally the clutch works!!!! took out the TOB sleeve and I noticed that the new one wan shorter. installed the new clutch fork and the new clutch (SPEC stage 5, and is the shizzniz!) and dumped the clutch pedal at 20 psi and it blew up the tires!! stomped on it 4th gear and worked like a boss!!! so relieved!! Thank you guys for all the help!!! now off to dyno tune itto see if i can break the 450 with no cams…
    again thank you for all the help!!!!

I was going to say that your TOB was wrong. I had it confirmed that all the TOB were the same but when I received mine it was not correct. Even SBC said it was the same. I think they found out with a little investigation. It was something different with my 71c and my T5. Oh well, I noticed it before install…so I didn't run into hell like you LOL.
    My Build Thread

You're welcome :P