Ebay Clutch Review UPDATE!

• Ebay Clutch Review UPDATE!

before you flame me…just know that im a little poor right now and that im building a motor for the Z…so the clutch really only needs to last like 8k miles if that lol…SO i went ahead and bought one of those F1 stage 3 clutches off of ebay from that gripforce vendor…i went to their shop to pick it up since i live right around the corner from them…actually..a very pleasent experience…they were very nice…i sat around for like 30min after chillin with the owner(who btw is fucking baller…owns an evo,some kind of AMG, and a m6) anyways…clutch looks to be pretty good quality…

ill update this thread after so many miles with how the clutch performs

Update so i have about 1000miles on it now…did the normal break in of around 700ish…and i still havent really done crazy shit…clutch seems to be holding fine though…ive done some canyon shit and launches and it seems to do well…glazes slightly causing it to slip a lil when ive been driving for a while…i think i need to adjust the pedal though…*for some reason i thought you are supposed to adjust it once you finish the break in…dont know why…*

1988 570zx SS Edition

Originally posted by Neil86t
    Just get a slick paint job like mine and its all good. I had a girl that said she wanted to lick my car. She ended up licking my sack…end of story. Bitch ain't gonna lick my car.

Re: Ebay Clutch Review

I always wondered about those clutches. Was it a NA or Turbo clutch?

**Edit**
    Specifically the diameter.

here's a link to the auction…

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/F1-RACIN … dZViewItem

here is the info…

F1 Racing Stage 3 clutch kit is a direct factory replacement clutch kit and it's designed for those who seek the ultimate in clutch performance and reliability. F1 Racing clutch kit includes only the highest grade clutch components from the world's leading racing clutch manufacturers. The 6-puck copper ceramic (also known as MIBA) disc features 12 high-coefficient friction pads that are resistant to slippage and ensures long lasting life. The heavy-duty sprung center unit boasts heat treated springs and retainer rivets for the maximum power and durability. The F1 Racing pressure plate features special single diaphragm design to increase clamp load. It features induction hardened diaphragm, CNC machined castings, stronger drive straps and rivets. F1 Racing pressure plate provides smooth and precise feel with easy modulation. All F1 Racing pressure plate is load tested on a special testing tool for quality assurance.

This complete clutch kit includes:
    F1 Racing Stage 3 Heavy-Duty Pressure Plate
    F1 Racing Stage 3 Copper Ceramic 6-puck Disc (240 mm, 24 spline)
    Release Bearing
    Pilot Bushing
    Alignment Tool

Horsepower Rating: 420 HP / Torque Capacity: 388 ft/lbs

they also sell a kit with a fidanza flywheel…i was kinda surprised lol…and the guy selling it doesnt just ebay crap…he also does installs at his shop so thats a little refreshing rofl…but like i said…ill let you guys know..im getting it put in today for only…

*drumroll*

final price for clutch job…(from my friends shop)175$ and will be done by the end of the day!!heh..i think its a good price anyways…

1988 570zx SS Edition

Just get a slick paint job like mine and its all good. I had a girl that said she wanted to lick my car. She ended up licking my sack…end of story. Bitch ain't gonna lick my car.

thats what i have, I let it break in double. It has been working beautifully, never slipping. Clutch pedal will be significantly heavier and you will need to do the damper mod. I have beat the $hit out of that clutch and it has held up great.
    SS

Support RRR Z Parts!!!!

damper mod?? what is that…

and break in double…you gave it a 1300 mile breakin? wow

how many miles has it been on

1988 570zx SS Edition

and my reasoning to do this is what…??

1988 570zx SS Edition

Good question, not too sure myself. I drove a friend's Z who had done it, and it made the clutch pedal feel a bit better (bit more responsive in a way) to me, but I would like to know sreich05's reasoning behind their recommendation.
    1986 300ZX Turbo - Sold
    1991 Toyota MR2 - RIP
    2007 BMW 335i - Daily driver

Hmm, at half the price of the one on z31parts if it last 10,000 miles, I would buy one.

vagabond wrote: Hmm, at half the price of the one on z31parts if it last 10,000 miles, I would buy one.
    thats debatable..cuz it lasts half the time it works out to the same amount of money…but you have to pull the trans twice…

im curious to see how long its gonna last especially since i hit the canyon once every 2 weeks…which is what killed whatever clutch was in my car now..lol

1988 570zx SS Edition

got my car back…clutch feels good…im still adjusting to a 6puck lol but from what i can tell its better than what was in my car…which was an OEM clutch rofl..no wonder i roasted that shiznit…

1988 570zx SS Edition

1000 miles, not quite double, it was very hard considering i put the turbo in at the same time! My damper failed due to the much higher pedal pressure, and i have had the clutch in for 6000 miles now. You did get the flywheel resurfaced right?
    SS

Support RRR Z Parts!!!!

of course lol…how do you know if the damper fails…

1988 570zx SS Edition

Gripforce is an awesome seller, I bought my fidanza from him 2 years ago, great deal and great shipping price, he also saved me customs fee's by saying it was a warranty return replacement.
    Great seller!
    Denis Gagné
    aka VGwagon
    GM specialized licensed technician

69 510 VG30 powered wagon
    73 240z shell VG30et in progress
    86 300zx NA2T

[quote]bleakdragonmage wrote:
    Originally posted by vagabond
    Hmm, at half the price of the one on z31parts if it last 10,000 miles, I would buy one.
    thats debatable..cuz it lasts half the time it works out to the same amount of money…but you have to pull the trans twice…

im curious to see how long its gonna last especially since i hit the canyon once every 2 weeks…which is what killed whatever clutch was in my car now..lol
    Not when My car breaks, cracks or blows something every few hundred miles anyway.

10,000 miles is about 15 years at this rate. I am fairly certain the tranny would be pulled a few times before that clutch gave out.

Lots of honda guys run the F1 clutch and love it over other "inexpensive" set ups.

I've seen a few of them in 400whp hondas.
    Gone - 1988 Shiro
    2004 BMW 330Ci
    2005 BMW 330i
    1991 Twin Turbo Z's (Red and Black)
    http://www.E46Turbo330Ci.com