Professional Tuning.

• Professional Tuning.

So I have my Z running and its been driving well. I have Nistune controlling 420cc injectors. My mod list is below. I hope to be running about 15-20psi.

So i have a base tune so far with 376 K constant and 76 as the latency. The car runs well and boosts safe. I think there's a lean spot since it does pull sometimes more than others.

I plan on getting it tunes at http://enhancedstreetperformance.com/ in my hometown. IT would be tuned by there nissan tech guy. It's 175 an hour and the guy there said it could take 2-3 hours. My bothers 240 was tuned in a hour. I'm wonder how worth it is getting tuned professionally and how much it can help power-wise from say a "homemade" tune. Since it could potentially cost me 350-400 dollars.

3" MSA catback
    3" downpipe
    Satan turbo relocation pipe
    Cat delete
    Airesearch T04b
    Manual boost controller
    Front mounted intercooler 2.5" piping
    Nistune
    420cc MB injectors
    Stock MAF
    Cone intake
    Apex'i Twin chamber BOV
    38mm Wastegate
    South Bend Stage 2
    Walbro 255lph
    E-fan conversion
    Egr block-off
    14point7 Wideband controller.
    6 heat range NGK coppers gapped from .44 to .29
    93 octane
    Accel 8.8 spark plug wires
    Deleted all emissions and idle/cold idle controllers
    Professional products Adjustable FPR set to 37 Base with a 1:1 reference.

I think you should, but only based on the fact that when I do get Nistune i'll be needing to take my car to a shop somewhere in MA and right now I don't know of any places that know it. I don't want to waste money while someone 'learns'. I don't know enough of the benefits to a professional tune vs. what you have done already so I can't give an opinion on that. Although I am guessing they will be able to get you more power out of your current setup after an hour or two.

how is the pro products FPR treating you? I think we have the same on.
    Mine tends to leak where the fittings go in, but I may just have them a tad too loose?

Careless wrote: how is the pro products FPR treating you? I think we have the same on.
    Mine tends to leak where the fittings go in, but I may just have them a tad too loose?
    Yes i had a lot of trouble with it leaking through the threads. Finally found a gas resistant sealant. Some special order loctite.

Anyways. Back to the thread…

Find out if its a load bearing dyno or a inertia dyno, ideally a load bearing can be more useful for tuning

you should expect most experienced tuners for Nissan will be from a 240sx background, it would be good to ask about NisTune experience

Has the guy used nistune before? If not see if he can cut you a deal on the price since he is going to be learning how to use the software.

88sinZ wrote: Find out if its a load bearing dyno or a inertia dyno, ideally a load bearing IS WAY more useful for tuning
    FIXED.
    85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
    04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20… underway for summertime daily driver.

There website praises their load-bearing dyno.

But I'm asking the effect on the car. What can be unleashed vs a homemade tune.

Depending on how good your current tune is you can "unleash" a lot of HP especially on the dyno where you can effectively set timing and boost to where it's efficient.
    Usual Z31 suspect: Garage Queen (aka broken)

NissanXRMA wrote: So I have my Z running and its been driving well. I have Nistune controlling 420cc injectors. My mod list is below. I hope to be running about 15-20psi.

So i have a base tune so far with 376 K constant and 76 as the latency. The car runs well and boosts safe. I think there's a lean spot since it does pull sometimes more than others.

I plan on getting it tunes at http://enhancedstreetperformance.com/ in my hometown. IT would be tuned by there nissan tech guy. It's 175 an hour and the guy there said it could take 2-3 hours. My bothers 240 was tuned in a hour. I'm wonder how worth it is getting tuned professionally and how much it can help power-wise from say a "homemade" tune. Since it could potentially cost me 350-400 dollars.

3" MSA catback
    3" downpipe
    Satan turbo relocation pipe
    Cat delete
    Airesearch T04b
    Manual boost controller
    Front mounted intercooler 2.5" piping
    Nistune
    420cc MB injectors
    Stock MAF
    Cone intake
    Apex'i Twin chamber BOV
    38mm Wastegate
    South Bend Stage 2
    Walbro 255lph
    E-fan conversion
    Egr block-off
    14point7 Wideband controller.
    6 heat range NGK coppers gapped from .44 to .29
    93 octane
    Accel 8.8 spark plug wires
    Deleted all emissions and idle/cold idle controllers
    Professional products Adjustable FPR set to 37 Base with a 1:1 reference.

I know the guys there and the guys there know me, who exactly is their Nissan guy who is tuning?
    is the Apex'i TCBOV vented directly to atmosphere, that can cause a stall/lag effect in between gears when still using the MAF.

also only people I know that does Nistune and first hand experience with it:

RDZ Motorsports

12 South Street
    Danbury, CT 06810
    Contact Rich on Tel. 203-628-7725
    [email protected]
    www.RDZ300.com
    Gone - 1988 Shiro
    2004 BMW 330Ci
    2005 BMW 330i
    1991 Twin Turbo Z's (Red and Black)
    http://www.E46Turbo330Ci.com

NissanXRMA wrote: There website praises their load-bearing dyno.

But I'm asking the effect on the car. What can be unleashed vs a homemade tune.
    They have an AWD mustang Dyno (the brand). It is a load dyno and you need to know the actual weight of your car with you in it to give you the correct numbers. You need to weigh it at the scale with you in it. Worcester has a public scale on Southbridge street.

a homemade tune you can't see the torque gains from adding or removing timing which translates to more power. on that dyno you can do steady state tuning which you cant do on the road.

For BMW's, Porsche, Audi, MB and other cars a tune starts at $900 + the dyno session. $400 is very reasonable.
    Gone - 1988 Shiro
    2004 BMW 330Ci
    2005 BMW 330i
    1991 Twin Turbo Z's (Red and Black)
    http://www.E46Turbo330Ci.com

NIVO wrote:
    I know the guys there and the guys there know me, who exactly is their Nissan guy who is tuning?
    is the Apex'i TCBOV vented directly to atmosphere, that can cause a stall/lag effect in between gears when still using the MAF.

also only people I know that does Nistune and first hand experience with it:

RDZ Motorsports

12 South Street
    Danbury, CT 06810
    Contact Rich on Tel. 203-628-7725
    [email protected]
    http://www.RDZ300.com
    [quote=NIVO]

Not sure who their guy is.

I run a blow through with the MAF/BOV

Danbury if quite far though. :-?

I'm not sure what the difference is between your own tune and paying someone to tune it???
    I thought that Nistune had map trace for the purpose of tuning?
    You could do a couple of tunes your self get a average, and take it to a dyno and see and make adjustments from there.
    88na2T-s13,q45 swap 12.6@110mph
    87T 2+2 auto,stock

DMANN wrote: I'm not sure what the difference is between your own tune and paying someone to tune it???
    You could do a couple of tunes your self get a average, and take it to a dyno and see and make adjustments from there.
    If you pay someone else to tune it and they fuck it up its on them :nanan?re
    - VG30DET (HE341) 86 300ZX - 1982 280ZX Turbo - Headered NA 1986 300ZX 2+2 - 2000 Xterra -

[quote]michaelp wrote:
    Originally posted by DMANN
    I'm not sure what the difference is between your own tune and paying someone to tune it???
    If you pay someone else to tune it and they *beep* it up its on them :nanan?re
    There's not one tuner I know that will go, oh my bad, let me rebuild your engine for you now that I screwed it up. They will go, oh dude…yeah…you're wastegate was stuck shut. Good luck next time bro. That's why you do your research on tuners first lol.

And you pay someone to tune it on a dyno for the reasons all above. Mostly because you can tune into max power without blowing it up better than on the street with a butt dyno. Keep upping the boost or timing and see what happens on the street versus seeing power to start decreasing on the dyno telling you when to stop.
    Usual Z31 suspect: Garage Queen (aka broken)