Detonation sensor

• Detonation sensor

I have an 86 na that I swapped a 86 Turbo motor into I wasn't able to get the computer controller under the driver seat. Does anyone know where I can get one? Or if there's any way to make it work without it?

It's not under the driver seat. That's the crusty old stereo amplifier. The ECU is in the passenger side kick-panel.

The stereo amp is under the passenger seat the service manual says the detonation sensor computer is under the driver seat…

No it doesnt, it is and always has been built into the ecu.
    Hmmm, Whats next?
    Full Size Bronco, smashing shit.

84ZXT

The detention sensor is in the driver's seat, yes.
    BLOZ UP.com
    It is not recommended to confirm proper installation by driving into walls or other barriers as this could cause personal injury or damage to the vehicle.

BLOZ UP wrote: The detention sensor is in the driver's seat, yes.
    Ummm the detonation sensor is on the motor… what I'm saying is the service manual says there is a computer that controls ignition timing retardation under the driver seat.

[quote]DaftZX wrote:
    Originally posted by BLOZ UP
    The detention sensor is in the driver's seat, yes.
    Ummm the detonation sensor is on the motor… what I'm saying is the service manual says there is a computer that controls ignition timing retardation under the driver seat.
    Something controlling retardation is on the drivers seat......No, the service manual does not say that.

Theft Deterrent != Timing Retard.
    - VG30DET (HE341) 86 300ZX - 1982 280ZX Turbo - Headered NA 1986 300ZX 2+2 - 2000 Xterra -

Hmmmm it doesn't say that? My bad… I even highlighted it for you now if anyone has some other smartass comment I would be glad to help but if anyone does have info on this control unit it would be much appreciated

You need a new service manual, that is not the correct one. The 300zx has 1 sensor, no way it can detect it in each cylinder. As I already told you the detonation board is built into the ecu, this is only for the turbo model car as well. So to restate what I said, the NISSAN FSM does not locate it there, it is and always has been located in the ENGINE CONTROL UNIT. So you can believe my "smart ass comment" or, you can keep looking for a unit that is non existent.
    Download one of these http://xenonz31.com/reference.html, so you dont have to ask stupid questions and be proved wrong again.
    Hmmm, Whats next?
    Full Size Bronco, smashing shit.

84ZXT

michaelp wrote:
    Something controlling retardation is on the drivers seat.......
    Seriously, given I've had multiple Z31s torn down to the bare shell then put them back together again just to have them start right up first try I think I know what I'm talking about. Shromy does too.
    - VG30DET (HE341) 86 300ZX - 1982 280ZX Turbo - Headered NA 1986 300ZX 2+2 - 2000 Xterra -

lmao dude you are getting trolled so hard.

the detonation sensor they're talking about is the one sitting in the seat driving the car. ie you.

there is one det sensor on the passenger side near the engine mounting bracket, it doesn't really do anything though.

1988 300zxt. gt35, stance, etc. Wheels: Varrstoen ES2 18x9.5 et-13 225/40. 18x10.5 et0 245/40
    1990 jetta vr6'd

its definitely not an FSM.
    looks like a printout from Mitchell.

Harsh tones.

Careless wrote: I will vouch that it's very frustrating to remove a seat with a motor that is stuck. But your "Manual" is a piece of shit and is leading you in the wrong direction to begin with.
    Thank you I realize that now.

AND A WARM WELCOME TO Z31P!
    BLOZ UP.com
    It is not recommended to confirm proper installation by driving into walls or other barriers as this could cause personal injury or damage to the vehicle.