High lift, solid flat tappet, roller rocker conversion kit

Re: High lift, solid flat tappet, roller rocker conversion k

New design shipped today, will have pics up by the weekend, hopefully.

Nice!!

Can you use these on regular reground cams and valvetrain? Or do you have to use special cams with these?

If we can use these with current cams, what hot/cold lash do you recommend and what kind of gains could one expect to see?

1986 300ZX Turbo…sold
    1990 Skyline GT-R…new money pit
    2014 Juke Nismo RS 6-speed…daily

Nice.
    DD:
    86 Black Turbo 5spd
    The Fallen:
    84 red n/a auto Slicktop, 86 Black 2+2 n/a 5spd
    Parting Currently:
    86 White Turbo 5spd, 88 n/a 5spd, 84 AE, 88 Shiro #64
    Garage Sale

You would just use the adjuster to preload the lifter if used on a hydraulic cam. This would allow for more lift on hydraulic lobes as well as solid lifter lobes. I think the hyd cams are limited to about .480" right now due to the limited range the lifter can compensate for change to the base circle. Primary design was for more lift.

who's going to make some real roller lifters heh

Couldn't you change the ratio of the rocker to "gain" more lift and compensate for the hydro lifters
    DD:
    86 Black Turbo 5spd
    The Fallen:
    84 red n/a auto Slicktop, 86 Black 2+2 n/a 5spd
    Parting Currently:
    86 White Turbo 5spd, 88 n/a 5spd, 84 AE, 88 Shiro #64
    Garage Sale

not saying these aren't cool, but there is a lot of weight to be lost in the center of those rockers like Jessel does with their nascar units.

I thought rule #1 of making valve train parts was to make them lighter if you're going to remake them at all.

I've been looking at ways to reduce the weight of the roller lifters I have that should work before going further with developing a working model with cams.

I agree, they really could be lighter. I have a set of the jesel rockers for the nash heads, will try to lighten them up in a similar way.

now tell us about your machined billet waterpump impellar :-)

Careless wrote: now tell us about your machined billet waterpump impellar :-)
    I thought he had to for the reverse-flow… but either way that would be a nifty upgrade for us vg owners in the correct direction… something profiled like a wing to promote flow and reduce cavitation

Any progress on these being lightened up at all yet? I've been VERY interested in this thread since the start, but I know I will kick myself if i splurge just a couple of months shy of a re-vamped version.

Build thread http://z31performance.com/showthread…-Paint-done-eh

Holy Crap! I can't believe I missed this thread, you have a PM

Attempting to post up a dyno sheet, for the N/A guys.
    Seems the file is a little too big though.
    Long story short is 3.0 with the solid conversion and about .510" net lift and 282 duration made 241whp and 222tq through a 33mm single inlet restrictor.

Wait, are those turbo numbers?