The next stage

So guys, do I have to move to e85 or can I get there with 103?
    352whp @ 24psi 427.1whp @24psi with Nitrous
    Yes I have raced my Z on the Daytona international speed way.
    Yes I did use nitrous.
    Yes I know how cool that is.

Parts list available upon request :twisted:
    Nitrous is like a hot chick with a STD… you know you want to hit it but you’re afraid of the consequences

I would go with whichever is the most accessible… a 650hp car you can fill up is faster than a 700hp car in the garage. And keep in mind that E85 requires a much larger fuel system.
    Feedback- viewtopic.php?f=18&t=19840

Not necessarily larger, per se, but definitely much more potent.

Def need larger injectors…
    Feedback- viewtopic.php?f=18&t=19840

Yep 1000cc are on the list and so is the precision 6766. Now for rods and pistons.... What do we recommend?
    Yes I did use nitrous.

Nitrous is like a hot chick with a STD… you know you want to hit it but you’re afraid of the consequences

I recommend Eagle Rods and ROSS pistons.
    Wiseco pistons are good too

JE's are crap. Too many reports of piston slap and other inferior issues.

I actually had the opposite experience…I had Ross and found them to be very noisy until the car warmed up, and broke the piston crown twice due to what appeared to be a flaw in the location of the top ring. It appeared to be a little to high up and it resulted in a very close tolerance with the bottom of the crown…the crown literally separated from the bottom of the piston almost like peeling an orange in a spiral fashion if you can imagine. (this was 20 years ago however)

After that I went with JE, and upon receiving them and comparing to the broken Ross', It was evident that the top ring was located lower resulting in more material thus a little more strength. That is what is in the motor currently (or was until disassembly last week) and I've had no issues with them.

That said, I'm planning on CP for this next go-round…that's the piston of choice for most of the high HP GTR builds here in Miami so I figure if they're good for 1000hp they should have no problem with 550!

I recommend CP as well, that's what I went with for my current build. As far as rods go, I went with a set of Scat rods. Not the highest end option on the market but they are affordable in my opnion ($450) and they should have no problem with breaking 500+ and being reliable, at least I hope so!
    Build Log Link: http://z31performance.com/showthread…-VG33-HX35-WIP

What does CP stand for? Keep in mind I want 700+ so I would rather spend a little more on rod and pistons that can handle 800-1000 so I know I wont break anything..

So CP for Pistons and Eagle rods?? Are there any part numbers or do i just need to give them a call?
    Yes I did use nitrous.

CP=Carillo Pistons. Can't provide any part numbers for you unfortunately.

Actually I thought the same thing, 'cause it just seemed to make sense, but it doesn't…CP was a piston company, Carillo was a rod company…CP and Carillo ended up merging…now it's CP-Carillo.

Originally posted by boosted300 View Post
    Actually I thought the same thing, 'cause it just seemed to make sense, but it doesn't…CP was a piston company, Carillo was a rod company…CP and Carillo ended up merging…now it's CP-Carillo.
    Ah, thank you for the correction boosted. I had no clue about that. Nice to know for future reference!

Nick, you are walking into largely unchartered territory in the 700-800 range. A couple have been there but their motors didnt last and they didnt have the pocketbook to experiment.

Since your asking about really a max effort vg.. Well, here is where my inexperienced ass would start:
    Vg33 bored up to 3.4 or so.
    -mls gaskets from asco
    -arp studs for the girdle and head
    -vg30dett forged crank and oil pump (doesnt bolt on)
    -carillo rods. Not sure i would trust eagle up at those levels
    -cp pistons, maybe from tech@EFR (member here)
    -port the heads, your stg 3 cams (or maybe jwt cams), 1mm over ferrera valves, schneider springs.
    -your going to want streetfighter style manifolds and a decent intake. Probably pathfinder based like mine.
    -ati crank damper
    -the hammerhead oil pan from mr 510 would be nice too.

-on the fuel side you mine as well size it for e85. Twin walbro 465lph, maybe 1500cc ish injectors, -8 fuel lines min.
    -i would probably use a borg or gtx, but personal taste i guess.
    -at this point, a standalone ecm would do wonders. your missing a lot of features with that old nistune. New standalones have closed loop wideband o2 feedback, knock sensing, traction control, etc. not to mention they can keep an eye on your oil pressure, afr, etc and shut down before bad stuff happens. See aem infinity or haltech elite.
    -from a drivetrain side, you would use a 8bolt z32 flywheel. Not sure if i would use a single disc clutch at those power/torque levels. Might need a twin plate os gieken or something.
    -hopefully the 30a would hold… Probably break the z31 rear stubs. Might need to subframe swap (see asco) and run an r230 based setup with z32 and q45 parts
    "produce first.talk second."

Definitely talk to Mitch @ EPR about the pistons/rods/machining… he can get you a custom billet crank made with high speed oiling to fit your current block/turbo pump, naturally he can build it too.

Amreboot's build thread should be your how-to guide to build a bulletproof rear end…

You can contact PPGearbox about beefing up your '30a (or more likely z32 '30a) by making it a dogbox…

Originally posted by G-E
    Definitely talk to Mitch @ EPR about the pistons/rods/machining… he can get you a custom billet crank made with high speed oiling to fit your current block/turbo pump, naturally he can build it too.

Amreboot's build thread should be your how-to guide to build a bulletproof rear end…

You can contact PPGearbox about beefing up your '30a (or more likely z32 '30a) by making it a dogbox…
    I had heard that Mitch could make some mods to the crankshaft to improve oiling…but can he really get an entirely new billet crank made?

If so....hmmmmmm!