What SATAN has been up to

Sooooo what do you plan to do for the rear end? We all know good and well the stock half shafts won't hold. Something custom in mind?
    Originally posted by Andrew84zx
    tell her your car is so fast it will make her panties fly off
    545 RWHP & 540 RWTQ

he needs to be looking at international or mack catalogs I think

G-E wrote: he needs to be looking at international or mack catalogs I think
    LoL! True story!
    Attached Files
    • 10464274_10152989820268916_8279259949844244563_n.jpg (97.6 KB)
    • 10418981_10152989820598916_4535163068119752321_n.jpg (47.8 KB)
    545 RWHP & 540 RWTQ

That looks awesome. Love the intake.
    378whp 445wtq
    http://mark86t.zmobiledetailing.com/…/v/Black+Hole/

Z Mobile Detailing, Las Vegas, NV

FlawleZ wrote: Sooooo what do you plan to do for the rear end? We all know good and well the stock half shafts won't hold. Something custom in mind?
    Try not to get half-shafts and axle stubs mixed up. The (turbo) half shafts are pretty beefy and hard to break unless they have a lot of wear.

[quote]Jason84NA2T wrote:
    Originally posted by FlawleZ
    Sooooo what do you plan to do for the rear end? We all know good and well the stock half shafts won't hold. Something custom in mind?
    Try not to get half-shafts and axle stubs mixed up. The (turbo) half shafts are pretty beefy and hard to break unless they have a lot of wear.
    Well I wasn't necessarily getting them mixed up, I was just under the impression that seeing as how the GT42R is capable of over 1000 RWHP and we know he'll be making atleast 10 second passes, that the half shafts would still not be strong enough. Am I mistaken?
    545 RWHP & 540 RWTQ

FlawleZ wrote: Well I wasn't necessarily getting them mixed up, I was just under the impression that seeing as how the GT42R is capable of over 1000 RWHP and we know he'll be making atleast 10 second passes, that the half shafts would still not be strong enough. Am I mistaken?
    Well yeah, but the axle stubs will still most likely still break first. They are the weakest link.

Goodbye!
    It may not be a Z, but it's still got a turbo…

I was looking into axle stubs and berrings made by Modern motorsports but for the whole kit they want somthing like $1400 :shock: I also still have to do a clutch. Blah! Money money money!

I guess you gotta pay to go fast. However I could give Moser a call with some measurments and have them make me what I need for cheaper but I would still have to find the berrings that would fit a larger axle stub. Oh and the half shafts will hold a 2700 lbs car well into the 8's so I think that my 3000lb car should do 9's easily if I can get the stuff.

Oh and the intake manifold looks like shit right now, but I'm not done with it. I still have to grind down the welds and make it look pretty.
    Its hard to stay as motivated as I used to be though :cry: So dont wait for me, get out there and start doing your own super beefy stuff and running nines or even faster!
    85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
    04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20… underway for summertime daily driver.

I wonder how much stronger you can make the axle stubs by
    having them cryo-treated?
    imagination is a virtue

not much. people have tried that and they still break at around a 1.6 60' time

this guy does wonders to drivetrain parts. my cro treats them. he builds mainly toyota axle parts. but he is known to do custom stuff. the front ends of toyotas with stock axles seem to snap with 35" tires on them. with his treatment its possible to run 42" tires. these trucks are usually geared aroung 128:1. so multiply the stock torque of the four banger of 125ft/#. it comes out to 16000 ft/# torque.

it would be interesting to see what kind of torque the stock rear end can take. you'd have to multiply your torque and tire grip (not really sure what you would call that). to figure out how much stress is being put into the rear end.

anyway talk to him or email him.

http://www.longfieldsuperaxles.com/

but once you fix one weak link you'll find the next really fast. after we got a decient birfield for the toyota the ring and pinions started to die. they are actually easy to change in a toyota because all you do is pull the axle and drop the third member out.

just an idea submitted by your humble pupil.

I'll check it out eventually. I gots no dollars right now tho so its pointless to call or email and bug somone saying "Hey! Ive got no money but tell me what you are capable of doing for me!"

after the axle stubs its the clutch if that hasnt been done, and after that its the limited slip not holding like it should. So you can weld it together but at that point why not just go live axle? screw the IRS on a drag car, right? right. I dont want Ford parts on my nissan.

I'm sure you could somehow swap in some 84 200sx solid rear end....

they use r180's I think so you would potentially have plenty of donor subarus for lsds

i wasn't sure what you were using your car for.

but for drag racing, i'd say a 9". there are about a million gear ratios. they are pretty quick to change the gear ratio.

http://reiderracing.com/

they must have about a million choices for gears. the 9" is strong and there is so much support you wouldn't believe it. and a full spool for it is around $100.00.

just options for the future.

are you going to go with a 4 link set up for the suspension?