Opinions on t72

There are much more mature and tactful ways of getting your opinion out (there are also better venues, the dyno thread, for example).
    Back on topic. I should have some pics of the turbo up later tonight, hopefully installed :lol:

440whp on pump fuel and the STOCK MAF

Again, back on topic: It turns out this is actually a Q-trim T72. The previous owner had bored out a P-trim turbine housing and was using that. I am going to need to find a t4 Q-trim housing with an appropriate A/R, or just go ahead and bore out my p-trim housing. Any opinions on this?

I deleted all the useless shit in this thread. Please do not bring it back. If you have a problem with what I deleted…PM me.
    85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
    04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20… underway for summertime daily driver.

SATAN wrote: I deleted all the useless shit in this thread. Please do not bring it back. If you have a problem with what I deleted…PM me.
    Thank you John. I was really hoping you would give me your opinion on the Q-trim. I was planning on boring out the P-trim housing and using it....

[quote]enjoyrth wrote:
    Originally posted by SATAN
    I deleted all the useless shit in this thread. Please do not bring it back. If you have a problem with what I deleted…PM me.
    Thank you John. I was really hoping you would give me your opinion on the Q-trim. I was planning on boring out the P-trim housing and using it....
    To be honest, I have no experience with the Q trim wheel. I can tell you just from a logical point of view, it would be better suited for that 72mm comp wheel though. If you just bored out your housing with that Q trim, it would still probably be a fairly OK street setup still and would obviously breath better. Since I don't have the experience with the Q trim though, I can't say 100% it would be an ok street setup.

I ran the P trim wheel on a .8x housing with my T66. That was a good match and gave me a pretty damn good street car but, your 72 is 6mm larger, so… again, to use it to its full potential, you are going to be choking it out with that p trim hot side setup.
    85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
    04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20… underway for summertime daily driver.

old vs. new....and a bottle of home brew :lol:

Nice BEER :twisted:

after reading this post i decided to do some measuring, it turns out i also have a Q trim T72.
    i think i am going to sell the 0.70 hotside and get the 0.81 or 0.96, what do you guys think?
    my car will remain driven on a regular basis. also i just noticed that housings available for this T72 only come in 3" vbands, no 4".
    http://www.youtube.com/user/onefast87

onefast87 wrote: after reading this post i decided to do some measuring, it turns out i also have a Q trim T72.
    i think i am going to sell the 0.70 hotside and get the 0.81 or 0.96, what do you guys think?
    my car will remain driven on a regular basis. also i just noticed that housings available for this T72 only come in 3" vbands, no 4".
    I would go with the .81. The .96 isn't necessary on a street driven car unless you don't mind much more lag. The .81 will still have no problem flowing ~800 whp.
    Originally posted by Andrew84zx
    tell her your car is so fast it will make her panties fly off
    545 RWHP & 540 RWTQ

Nice thread jack guy… read up on what enjoy said about viewtopic.php?f=13&t=10575&start=72