Ross MetalJacket Harmonic Balancer

[quote]MachZ wrote:
    Originally posted by Tech@EPR
    The ATI damper for the VG30 is for the DE/DETT models
    Not the VG30 one, its under that listed as V6 with .980 crank snout.
    Well, I just measured my snout at .987" on my A/B series engine. That's gotta be the right one… right?

What the different snout diameters between A/B and W series?

EDIT: I just emailed them. Waiting to see what they say.
    85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
    04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20… underway for summertime daily driver.

SATAN wrote:
    Well, I just measured my snout at .987" on my A/B series engine. That's gotta be the right one… right?
    I believe the diameters are the same, but the lengths differ due to the added woodruff keys.
    VG33 is larger and is as large as the Z32 engines.

[quote]Careless wrote:
    Originally posted by SATAN

I believe the diameters are the same, but the lengths differ due to the added woodruff keys.
    Hmm, wonder if the snout section of the ATI damper can be shortened by them. I'm sure it can… for a fee.

[quote]SATAN wrote: [quote=Careless]
    Originally posted by SATAN

Hmm, wonder if the snout section of the ATI damper can be shortened by them. I'm sure it can… for a fee.
    What are you trying to fit the damper to? A/B or W?

even if it's for a W and if ATI can't modify it for you, you can always bring it to a machinist to match the height of the stock damper when resting on the outermost ring. Then you'd have to run your accessories from W series engines because of obvious reasons.

But there goes the "guarantee" they have on their products if you do that.

Careless wrote:

even if it's for a W and if ATI can't modify it for you, you can always bring it to a machinist to match the height of the stock damper when resting on the outermost ring. Then you'd have to run your accessories from W series engines because of obvious reasons.

It would be going on my A/B series. I don't know what the hell the guarantee would be on a racing product anyways… "We guarantee it wont explode maybe?"

do you guys need help in dealing with ATI? Im a dealer for their products. I can have a VG30E damper made but they require to have a minimum of 10 orders to do a run before they will build these as an "off the shelf" item. ATI dampers have an interference fit by design. They don't slide on like conventional pullies, in the manner of just sliding on. These dampers need to be press fitted on. You can purchase an install kit but I've always used a blunt fitting that I can use to hammer the damper onto the snout.

Outside of that…what exactly is different between the A/B and the W series? Are the crank snouts the same? or is it just the way the accessories are ran in configuration? Either way I can have ATI make either or. The biggest thing is the development of the snout hub. Thats what bolts into the damper itself. Depending on the setup of the damper ATI configures it to have rates of 600hp (street) and 1000hp (race). Both have different OD/UD percentages based between the two models.

If you guys are genuinely interested in getting something like this done let me know. I know i've mentioned this item before in other threads. Its one of the best investments an owner can make when building or having their engine built.
    Nissan Race Engine Machine Shop
    Dedicated to VG performance and design http://www.epracing.net

Careless wrote: [
    you can always bring it to a machinist to match the height of the stock damper when resting on the outermost ring.
    And now you killed the SFI cert.
    The bullshit stops, when the GREEN light drops.

Only babies cry about the bottle.

Tech@EPR wrote: do you guys need help in dealing with ATI? Im a dealer for their products. I can have a VG30E damper made but they require to have a minimum of 10 orders to do a run before they will build these as an "off the shelf" item. ATI dampers have an interference fit by design. They don't slide on like conventional pullies, in the manner of just sliding on. These dampers need to be press fitted on. You can purchase an install kit but I've always used a blunt fitting that I can use to hammer the damper onto the snout.

Outside of that…what exactly is different between the A/B and the W series? Are the crank snouts the same? or is it just the way the accessories are ran in configuration? Either way I can have ATI make either or. The biggest thing is the development of the snout hub. Thats what bolts into the damper itself. Depending on the setup of the damper ATI configures it to have rates of 600hp (street) and 1000hp (race). Both have different OD/UD percentages based between the two models.

If you guys are genuinely interested in getting something like this done let me know. I know i've mentioned this item before in other threads. Its one of the best investments an owner can make when building or having their engine built.
    The difference is that the W series has the longer snout with two woodruff keys, as apposed to the crappy A/B series where there is just one key that the belt gear and the balancer have to share. If the diameters of the snout are different or not, I don't know for sure. I'm sure the info is here somewhere if one were to search.

[quote]ZFast88Z wrote:
    Originally posted by Careless
    [
    you can always bring it to a machinist to match the height of the stock damper when resting on the outermost ring.

And now you killed the SFI cert.
    good point.

[quote]SATAN wrote:
    Originally posted by Careless

It would be going on my A/B series. I don't know what the hell the guarantee would be on a racing product anyways… "We guarantee it wont explode maybe?"
    well. yeah. exactly that…

their balancers shouldn't fly apart if they're more than one piece. and as ZFast88 just mentioned, they are certified so that their construction dictates that under the uses outlined in SFI 18.1 certification (I think it's 18.1 for balancers or flywheels, can't rememeber) it should hold itself together. It's like an ISO Grading of metals, except this is final product quality… so that's somewhat of a guarantee, isn't it?

Did anything ever come of this? It's 2016 and I've been looking for a balancer for a long time lol

You can use Z32 units. At least, with a VG33.

The Walking Thread.
    Feedback- viewtopic.php?f=18&t=19840