Thinking about cutting my stock springs?

vgboost85 wrote: Found! so coilovers is the only option to get that slammed look?
    Easily, yes. The only way? No, you can use air suspensions or such, but you will be shelling out way more than coilovers. Budget 1000-1500 for the install, depending on how much work you do yourself, and which coilovers you go with.

Thanks! I almost cut my springs today good looking out lmao

You can cut your springs, if you just want the ride height now. Cut springs can work okay, but they aren't safe for high speed driving. I wouldn't recommend then for drifting or the autoX, but if they fall off you're on a track so nobody dies.

Easiest way to slam the car would be to go somewhere that can wind custom springs, drop it off, scream "MOAR LOW!!!" and let them make up springs to suit your needs. The "right" way is the coilovers, but that's more labor.

Moral of the story, never view cut springs as a performance modification.
    Feedback- viewtopic.php?f=18&t=19840

lol, now thats moar like it guys

"Beer is proof that god wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

GET S13 COILOVERS!, you wont ever regret it. I got my entire setup for under 800 bucks so just wait for another pay check and BOOM S13 COILOVERS!
    My S30

MY BLOG:http://alexdatsun.wordpress.com/

well custom rolled springs with mult springrates like what im running ran me about 350$ all the way around and shes sitting about 3" lower the only thing about MOAR LOW is MOAR PROBLEMS exhaust bumper rippage thrashing of the underbody. oh and

moar low gets the girls. No more low makes the girls ass hurt when your running to racing seats after driving through the city. and thus means you get no play when she begins to hate your car and wont even help you break in the new seats you just put in lol.

http://www.neospeed.freeforums.org
    1985 300zx n/a Regretfully Retired
    1997 240sx srdet Sadfully Sold
    (!Attention!) If you have an 85 - 89 thats not stripped out a shell rolling body preferred contact me at330 328 2789 (ask for rick)

Oh boy. I have a friend with a toyota supra turbo that recently decided to cut his springs. Needless to say after only one week he had one spring in the rear become unseated and a
    new shock on the front blow. So not fun! My opinion, never cut springs its a mess of trouble! A spring is designed to be progressive. When you cut your springs they no longer compress correctly
    putting too much strain on the shock. But hey don't take my word for it ask my supra buddy .. . . . . . LOL.
    1988 300zx 2+2 non-turbo (First Car)(Junkyard)
    1987 300zx turbo 5-speed (Red Comet)(SOLD)
    1988 300zx non-turbo Auto (SOLD)
    1984 300zx non-turbo slicktop (Junkyard)
    1988 300zx Turbo Auto (SOLD)
    1987 300zx non-turbo 5-speed (SOLD)
    1989 300zx non-turbo 5-speed (Current Car)

sigpic