Response Type BIG BRAKE kit, 13 inches for non-turbo hubs :)

Re: Who's interested in 2-piece brakes?

I am interested in seeing a final price. These calipers would be new or used?
    Elitist Prick Black Z owner.
    1986 300zx Turbo
    2011 Ford F150 Super Crew 4x2 EcoBOOST
    1985 Toyota 4Runner, locked, lifted, geared, uglied.

NissanEgg wrote: Hey G-E, do they make 2-piece rotors for the stock sized R32 GT-R rotors and calipers?
    I'm running those on my 87' 2s with turbo hubs, only needed to move the caliper out 4mm to center everything properly, it's in my build thread of sorts… fit's nice, and at 11.8" probably all I'll ever need on that car, and I liked the logo (dba has 2-piece gt-r rotors for those at the bargain price of 800/pair)

My main concern with those calipers is they are very hard to come by in quantity and even more so regionally in small numbers --- the last thing I want is people crying about kits they can't source the rest of…

For me they aren't too hard to source for $400 just for calipers being in canada (mine ended up costing $370 rebuilt, with pads and rotors), but I think that's too high first of all, and it's not like I can just order a pair when I need them, I have to wait for availability, which is not a good thing if I plan to produce a bunch of kits (with or without calipers included)

So like I said, I'd rather standardize on something I can source new/rebuilt, and preferrably one that's not difficult to find through junkyards/ebay (kind of a junkyard too? haha), something used on many performance vehicles ideally, lastly something that comes in aluminum

Im just going to throw this out there....

With s13 having infinite available bolt on methods for bbk like EVO and STI Brembos, z32, R32 just to name a few I think the main issue is the availability that these kits only work on the later style turbo slip on hubs. If you were able to provide 2pc rotors that were available to work on any z31 5 lug hub would be widely beneficial. Lets say used slip on hubs typically run $100, or someone needs to machine down bolt on hub for $100 either way your spending money to convert to a slip on hub. If there were rotors available for a simple z32tt 30mm brake swap (widely available) on any 5 lug car would be widely beneficial and easy to market. You could even offer a spacer kit that would allow for the z32 caliper -->350z track rotor (12.75" 2 pc rotor) maximizing the weight saving from not having giant hat and wasted rotor weight.

While big, there is a lot of added weight, and useless rotor on my 86 setup

I like your original idea, but just trying to help you with availability and mass market opportunities.
    86na - BlueZ
    Shiro #366 - Kouki Monster
    85t - Mr Tickles

UPDATE: Caliper availability is solved, I just need to plonk down enough money…

I will still need to get brackets made as they are radial mount, and will have to spec out the hat dimensions, otherwise everything is on target

The calipers are radial mount? Like my motorcycle?
    Jk
    DD:
    86 Black Turbo 5spd
    The Fallen:
    84 red n/a auto Slicktop, 86 Black 2+2 n/a 5spd
    Parting Currently:
    86 White Turbo 5spd, 88 n/a 5spd, 84 AE, 88 Shiro #64
    Garage Sale

MADMIKE wrote: The calipers are radial mount? Like my motorcycle?
    Jk
    What are you on about, I have 8 piston calipers on my unicycle!

Radial mount calipers have been in use for a while in the moto side of things very cool tech just slap a wider rotor on and space the caliper accordingly.
    DD:
    86 Black Turbo 5spd
    The Fallen:
    84 red n/a auto Slicktop, 86 Black 2+2 n/a 5spd
    Parting Currently:
    86 White Turbo 5spd, 88 n/a 5spd, 84 AE, 88 Shiro #64
    Garage Sale

Yea it makes it easier to get a "stage 2" out of it with hardly any cost

Re: Who's interested in 2-piece brakes? update #1

Small update: I should have engineering samples of rotors in about 2 weeks, should find out then how well I've done my homework

Rotors = 330mm slotted high-tensile iron, just shy of HT350 for you engineer types
    Hats = T6061 with 66m bore, dual drilled 4/5 lug

Calipers = 4 piston: 44mm x 2, 40mm x 2

Brackets = one thing at a time

Beefy brake pads teaser…

^ For Sumitomo calipers?

1986 300ZX Turbo…sold
    1990 Skyline GT-R…new money pit
    2014 Juke Nismo RS 6-speed…daily

Comparison of calipers

1988 300zxt. gt35, stance, etc. Wheels: Varrstoen ES2 18x9.5 et-13 225/40. 18x10.5 et0 245/40
    1990 jetta vr6'd

aceman wrote: I still cant figure out who needs $1500 in brakes when the stock size stuff is more than adequate. Ask anyone here who road races about stock z brakes. Our lemons car has na brakes with porterfield pads and nobody out brakes us.
    This is really funny.

"…i think bov needs oil, its not closing fast enough so the car dies when you come off of boost…" -Automotive Genius