Response Type BIG BRAKE kit, 13 inches for non-turbo hubs :)

Re: Who's interested in 2-piece brakes?

aceman, i agree that not everyone (anyone?) needs brakes this powerful.
    but at the same time- who needs 500whp?
    who needs to make 11 second passes and not compete for money?
    who needs to accelerate from 0-100km/h in less than 5 seconds?
    who even needs a car to tinker with when they can buy a car that's fast already?

a want is a justifiable need.

i guess you will contend that those people who have all those things are probably very laid back street drivers and still use their car on track days.
    so i guess those who want to buy these brakes are those same people who may some day think they have to out-brake a 997 or a mk4 supra or something.

let them have it if they want it.
    nothin' personal, but what's it to you?

you going to police the cost vs. usability of every product that gets offered as an additional option?

if you don't approve of it, offer something better for people to spend their money on? I dunno.

He has caliper envy, the only cure is … a larger caliper :P

I'm all for positive discussion of the pros and cons of developing a product for our cars.
    Backbiting and negativity aren't going to be tolerated though. Chill with that.
    As for who needs it, that's for each individual Z31 owner to decide I suppose.

In regards to having them available, G-E is putting forth the effort to get these made on his own dime, so - as a business owner - I can appreciate the risk he is taking.

Options are options guys - the more we have, the better the ownership community ends up being.
    Chicks dig me, rust fears me.

Nice looking calipers, they look similar to SRT-8 calipers I would love to see the size comparison between these and the newer Akebonos.

Has piston size and caliper weight been determined? Will these use a bracket or direct bolt, if a bracket is used, weight?

Sorry if this has been covered I only glanced
    DD:
    86 Black Turbo 5spd
    The Fallen:
    84 red n/a auto Slicktop, 86 Black 2+2 n/a 5spd
    Parting Currently:
    86 White Turbo 5spd, 88 n/a 5spd, 84 AE, 88 Shiro #64
    Garage Sale

The calipers are only a smidge heavier than the r32 ones, that's all I can tell you

There will be a steel bracket (I don't trust aluminum threads) but I can't see it adding up to more than an 87t caliper

The rotor will also be a lot lighter

Caliper piston area is about 7-8% bigger than z32, the pad area is significantly bigger, maybe 20-25%?

Braking power is a matter of tires & pads friction.

But this will really look bad ass!

Nice upgrade!

''And at the end of the day you have a Mitsubishi. It's like masturbating with your own tears.'' Neit86T

Careless wrote:

you going to police the cost vs. usability of every product that gets offered as an additional option
    ?
    Only the items marketed as upgrades that confuse people into thinking that they are required purchases. I don't know why it matters to me considering the people who end up buying the kit will put the box in the corner of their moms closet for a year and then sell them for a loss on the forum.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a mans character make him a moderator.

Z-31Turbo wrote: Braking power is a matter of tires & pads friction.

But this will really look bad ass!

Nice upgrade!
    Right but you can use milder pads with lower thermal ability to achieve the same braking power, while having lower wear rate

Alternately you can go with very grippy project mu club's, pfc 01's…

[quote]aceman wrote:
    Originally posted by Careless

you going to police the cost vs. usability of every product that gets offered as an additional option
    ?Only the items marketed as upgrades that confuse people into thinking that they are required purchases. I don't know why it matters to me considering the people who end up buying the kit will put the box in the corner of their moms closet for a year and then sell them for a loss on the forum.
    well i think that's an unfair assumption considering those who buy the kit will only have to make sure their BMC and wheels are of the right size to accomodate the kit, and it will be a simple installation.

It's not the same as a subframe kit that ultimately costs up to 10 times the price of the installation kit itself to actually install it properly (fair assumption based on price of associated parts not included).

Re: Response Type BIG BRAKE kit, 13 inches for non-turbo hub

who's rt.trackpro and why does their logo look like a poor wilwood copy?

I dunno their printer was a kidnapper in a former life? rt is my company tho…

woooh dual drilled hotness lol

1988 300zxt. gt35, stance, etc. Wheels: Varrstoen ES2 18x9.5 et-13 225/40. 18x10.5 et0 245/40
    1990 jetta vr6'd

Careless wrote:

well i think that's an unfair assumption considering those who buy the kit will only have to make sure their BMC and wheels are of the right size to accomodate the kit, and it will be a simple installation.
    BMC has been proven not to be an issue with BBK's.
    Elitist Prick Black Z owner.
    1986 300zx Turbo
    2011 Ford F150 Super Crew 4x2 EcoBOOST
    1985 Toyota 4Runner, locked, lifted, geared, uglied.

[quote]Neil86t wrote:

BMC has been proven not to be an issue with BBK's.
    It works, but how is the pedal feel? Does travel before full stopping force get longer or…?
    - VG30DET (HE341) 86 300ZX - 1982 280ZX Turbo - Headered NA 1986 300ZX 2+2 - 2000 Xterra -