Harness bars…

• Harness bars…

Well guys, I have started making harness bars in the past few weeks. Josh has the first one installed into his car as a test piece. I have changed a few things that he complained about (mounting holes need to have more clearance) and make the bar less of a press fit. I am nearing completion for my personal harness bar, with his recommendations.

Bars are fully tig welded with SA-80 filler rod. The bar itself is .120 wall DOM tubing. Josh's shipped weighed less than 20 lbs. I can make more, but they are per order and take about a week.

You will have to remove the stock seat belts in order to install these. So aftermarket harnesses are required. I can get RJS's harnesses at a discount, in any color.

Pics

Here is my personal one.

Josh has pictures of his bar installed on his FB, but I'll let him post up if he would like.
    Shiro Special # 981 Being assembled in my spare time Chromoly acquired!
    Originally posted by BoostedMamma
    Heads up makes teh panties drop. BUT I don't have a penis OR a fast car, so I guess my opinion doesn't count.

Whats the price looking like?

1988 570zx SS Edition

Originally posted by Neil86t
    Just get a slick paint job like mine and its all good. I had a girl that said she wanted to lick my car. She ended up licking my sack…end of story. Bitch ain't gonna lick my car.

For a simple bar like Josh's, its looking like $175 plus shipping. His shipping was only $45, from Michigan to Tennessee. One like mine is much more complicated, and requires a lot more work. Once I finish it, I can get pricing together. Shipping for my style will be a lot more expensive also.
    Heads up makes teh panties drop. BUT I don't have a penis OR a fast car, so I guess my opinion doesn't count.

nice unit and price. i'll be having a front engine clip cut up that looks similar to the sectional pieces you have for mockups. lulz. cool beans.

Like this???

*TEST EDIT*

The bars looks excellent Jason! Great weld quality as well. All those roll cages and practice are paying off.

I would be rocking one if I didnt install a 4pt last summer. RIP RBZ31, pieces of the car are still being put to good use though, I can ensure that.
    86na - BlueZ
    Shiro #366 - Kouki Monster
    85t - Mr Tickles

Looks nice Jason. A couple questions:

1. It looks like these bolt in to the stock seat belt mounting bolts, correct?
    2. For the supporting piece towards the trans tunnel, is that welded on or will it be a bolt on piece as well?
    3. Will this work with completely stock interior or do we have to gut things out?

I need one for next season and would prefer not to install a full cage and have something I can remove if needed.
    Usual Z31 suspect: Garage Queen (aka broken)

300zxturboftw;314480 wrote: Looks nice Jason. A couple questions:

1. It looks like these bolt in to the stock seat belt mounting bolts, correct?
    2. For the supporting piece towards the trans tunnel, is that welded on or will it be a bolt on piece as well?
    3. Will this work with completely stock interior or do we have to gut things out?

I need one for next season and would prefer not to install a full cage and have something I can remove if needed.
    Let me help him out

1.) Yes
    2.) He hasnt finished "his" yet but he is looking or could weld a plate to bolt to the tunnel with a backing sandwich plate. He was discussing this via FB i believe.
    3.) From my past experience you are going to need to trim the B-pillar cover. You will most likely need to slot a hole for the bar to come out of. I have a decent amount of experience hacking, trimming and finishing int pieces and can help you/guide you through it to make it look pretty OEM'ish when done. Since the rear storage compartment swings rearward, depending on how close the drop bars are you may still retain functionality, however access will be a bitch.
    86na - BlueZ
    Shiro #366 - Kouki Monster
    85t - Mr Tickles

I don't use the rear storage compartment so that's not a problem. I'm not to worried about cutting into the B pillar as well to make it look stock-ish. My only concern is it removeable. Last thing I want in my Z is something welded in place cage wise, but I also don't want to die if something goes wrong and my harness is not properly angled.

I can make the down tubes to the tunnel differently if you want more functionality of the rear cargo area. Adam hit everything on the head. Mine will be welded, but I can easily make a sandwich plate to install into the tunnel. If you want something one off and completely custom, bring it on up here and we'll knock it out in a weekend.

I plan on finishing mine sometime this week. Working a few days in the morning.

Why are you on the whole other side of Michigan! 330 miles isn't that bad actually. Hopefully I get my ass in gear soon on my car so I can have it together for tune in spring. Seats/Harnesses are on the list…

Hey Jason, are you willing to provide the finished kit non-welded to save on shipping? Smaller heavy boxes are significantly cheaper than large heavy boxes for the likes of me :P

1988 300zxt. gt35, stance, etc. Wheels: Varrstoen ES2 18x9.5 et-13 225/40. 18x10.5 et0 245/40
    1990 jetta vr6'd

If you would like, I can ship it in pieces. The crossbar is about 55"wide and 6" deep. 1.5" DOM tube. If you can think of a design you want, just make a drawing and I'll do my best.

Oh yeah, I was supposed to put pictures up of my bar installed.

From the rear:

Driver's side front:
    87 300ZX: VG33ET, 30a, Bilsteins/Eibachs, Stance tension rods, MSA sway bars, Cusco strut braces, ASCO Camber plates, RCA's and motor mounts, poly everything else.

Would this fit a 2+2, or just a 2 seater?
    1986 RB20 300xz 2+2