Harness bars…

quicksilverz31;346171 wrote: Oh yeah, I was supposed to put pictures up of my bar installed.

From the rear:

Driver's side front:

Someone should teach you how to connect and wrap your harnesses

KevinA;346174 wrote:
    Would this fit a 2+2, or just a 2 seater?
    This would work on a 2+2 as well. Just connects to the B-pillar, but it would make you back seats impossible to access. Not that they are much use to begin with.
    86na - BlueZ
    Shiro #366 - Kouki Monster
    85t - Mr Tickles

quicksilverz31;346171 wrote: Oh yeah, I was supposed to put pictures up of my bar installed.
    Which Corbeau seat is that? Looks a lot taller than I would have thought!
    Justin
    1986 NA 2-seater
    SCCA Solo E-Street Prepared #31
    Race Videos
    Build Thread

adamvann3;346179 wrote: Someone should teach you how to connect and wrap your harnesses
    Unfortunately with the harnesses I already had prior to the harness bar my only option was to wrap them to take up the extra length and bolt them to the bar.
    87 300ZX: VG33ET, 30a, Bilsteins/Eibachs, Stance tension rods, MSA sway bars, Cusco strut braces, ASCO Camber plates, RCA's and motor mounts, poly everything else.

And the seat is a Corbeau FX1 pro. It's taller than I like too, but it works.
    87 300ZX: VG33ET, 30a, Bilsteins/Eibachs, Stance tension rods, MSA sway bars, Cusco strut braces, ASCO Camber plates, RCA's and motor mounts, poly everything else.

quicksilverz31;346222 wrote: Unfortunately with the harnesses I already had prior to the harness bar my only option was to wrap them to take up the extra length and bolt them to the bar.
    Thats the incorrect way to wrap them to take the extra length. You can risk them slipping creating slack and bad things happen. They need to be securely mounted directly to the bar, then the extra length can be coiled or wrapped (not prior to connection).

You either need to wrap them around the bar with a secure connection with the slide bar, or bolt them to your mounts/secure with the slide bar.

Note my harness have about 4ft of extra length I dont use. They are securely fastened within the 0-15 degrees from my shoulders (spinal compression), less than 18" away (belt stretch).

I used to have it connected to my strut bar (ghetto and dangerous I know). I was amazed on how much the belts could stretch with that much slack. Even secured and strapped down the harness would stretch not holding me tight when braking hard. I was amazed how much better they worked when attached within a short distance to the 4pt roll bar.
    86na - BlueZ
    85t - Mr Tickles

I too used to have mine attached to the strut tower brace, and how I have it now is much better. If you wouldn't mind, PM me so I can get a little more detail on how you did yours/how I can improve mine. I agree how mine are now isn't ideal, but I think they're secure enough to get the job done with no issue other than how it looks for the most part.

Well, unlike many Z31p'ers I decided not to sit and argue and try to justify keeping my setup the way it is since it's not proper. I took what you said to mind and ordered schroth racing LV10 slides and B64 brackets to remount it to the bar and adjust the lap belt lengths more precisely. Should be able to un-stitch my current bolt in ends and make it work pretty easily.

Bingo, those are the correct and safe ways too attach. While your setup is probably fine, it is fairly inexpensive and easy to make it correct and safe.

I used the Schroth install instructions when putting in by belts: http://www.schroth.com/installation-…stallation.htm

86na - BlueZ
    85t - Mr Tickles

I planned on using the schroth method of fastening too, I watched their tutorial video on Youtube. Makes it super easy to see how they work. I'll be looping in the B64 brackets to retain the bolt in function of my harness bar, and I'll loop in the original bolt in brackets for the lap belts. I'm just glad I'll finally be able to fine tune the lengths to fit me even better. Normal harnesses are not suited to people of my size lol.