Soo how about thems swaybars?

Well I can tell you that where the ends are squished together for the endlink mounts it's 10mm thick

Even accounting for powdercoat, that would make the wall thickness close to 4.5mm… what does your extrapolation tell you about that?

Well people were concerned that hollow sway bars would not be very stiff, and I disagree.

If you have 34mm sway bars with 4.5mm wall thickness, you would be approximately twice as stiff in torsion as a solid 26mm sway bar. Now of course this is assuming you have the same material (flexural modulus) and bar length…

Originally posted by Big Slappy Z View Post
    assuming you have the same material (flexural modulus) and bar length…
    All of us without a text book call it modulus of elasticity
    86na - BlueZ
    Shiro #366 - Kouki Monster
    85t - Mr Tickles

From what investigation people have done, it appears the swaybar is 4130… I'm sure that's not the case for the original z31 swaybars, but that doesn't say anything about the nismo part

Originally posted by adamvann3 View Post
    All of us without a text book call it modulus of elasticity
    What I actually meant to say was shear modulus lol.

Although either way flexural modulus and elastic Elastic modulus are two totally different things

Ok stop with the vocabulary pissing contest :P

Ok some photos just emerged from the match tour this past weekend. This is why I need a bigger front bar (and stiffer springs). I thought I was just unloading the rear inner wheel, but it's actually lifted off the ground.

Justin
    1986 NA 2-seater
    SCCA Solo E-Street Prepared #31
    Race Videos
    Build Thread

Your rollcenter changed

Would softening the rear swaybar (smaller) make it less likely to lift the rear wheel? I do know that it would change cornering dynamics.

1986 300ZX Turbo…sold
    1990 Skyline GT-R…new money pit
    2014 Juke Nismo RS 6-speed…daily

Yes but fixing the rollcenter would do it more effectively… a lot of racecars run stiffer springs and no swaybars

What have you got in the front now?

At that event I was running 25mm ST swaybars front and rear.

NissanEgg, other people had suggested to me the same thing. I swapped out the rear bar for the OEM non turbo one. It seems to have helped but I still lift it.

People have basically told me to give the front a higher spring rate and get the most giant front bar I can find for it. As for rates, I am running 9k/7k but I think it needs to go up to 12k or 13k and 8k.

G-E, I miss my RCA's
    Justin
    1986 NA 2-seater
    SCCA Solo E-Street Prepared #31
    Race Videos
    Build Thread