Brake booster

• Brake booster

Can I use any aftermarket brake booster for our cars? Need one that is slimmer to clear the brake master cylinder with the headers I'm using.

Anyone know any direct fits?
    Usual Z31 suspect: Garage Queen (aka broken)

If your really crafty you can fit a 280zx brake booster

its not direct fit and its a lot of work.
    85 Turbo Slick Top
    __________________________________________________ _____

I believe the B13 era Sentra's will fit, and are shorter at least. once we get the stock one off, will compare.
    Damn dirty angels....these cars!

Current Daily Driver - 86 Turbo.
    Under the cover - THE BANANA… that needs to be re-energized.
    sigpic

I only need about 2" shorter. Did some research and saw s14 brake booster non abs was very slim, but extremely hard to find.

O'Reillys stating stock diaphragm is 8.755"

All brake boosters from z31-z34 will bolt on. In fact, they all use the same 4 bolt gasket for the firewall.

The BMC and diaphragms are needed to be reviewed for specs and swap-ability though.

Running a Z32 BMC. Looking into see how thick z32 boosters are…

Here's my issue:

Need to gain like 1/2" to 1" so the headers can be fully seated.

Yeah, that's what I found. Gonna suck to have a lot stiffer pedal than current set-up, but might give it a shot via junkyard.

Can you lower the motor at all?
    86na - BlueZ
    Shiro #366 - Kouki Monster
    85t - Mr Tickles

Originally posted by adamvann3 View Post
    Can you lower the motor at all?
    This was the first thing that crossed my mind. Currently have ASCO solid motor mounts. Technically…I could…do I have the machinery to spool up some new motor mounts? No.

I just was not sure with the hammer head oil pan how much lower the engine could go, but it would seem plausible to get you the clearance you need.

The ASCO motor mounts are just drilled at tapped extruded 6061 Aluminum. Just find out the diameter of the motor mount and what it needs to be drilled and tapped too. Probably the easiest thing to machine. Should be fast and cheap turn around from any machine shop, or I know a guy that could do it

I am not saying its your answer but may be worth a shot.

Im pretty much down in the NW burbs every weekend now. Ill shoot you a line this weekend.
    86na - BlueZ
    Shiro #366 - Kouki Monster
    85t - Mr Tickles

I'm going to try the brake booster and go from there. Worst case scenario I re-sell it for what I bought it for.

Can someone do me a huge favor and measure the stock z31 brake booster thickness from rear to where the BMC sits flush on the studs. Does anyone by chance have a Z32 Brake booster that they can do the same? I'm over 1 hour away from the car - so figuring stuff out like this sucks!

Thanks in advance.

This is what ive got going on

I went to an S14 Short CLutch MC

Z31 LHD BMC ( because of my RHD CAR ) this gave me braided brake line tails i could route away from the engine not towards it.

This also let me build a really nice BMC heat Shield.

The 280zx booster is wider and flatter and is sized correctly for the Z31 stock BMC in my particualr case it had a cut away in the right spot to give me clearance i needed.

You need to build a 4 bolt adaptor plate or have it taken apart and the studs reloacted.

Don't think to hard about it, just make stuff

It looks like a RHD BMC and braided lines could really help your clearance.
    85 Turbo Slick Top
    __________________________________________________ _____