4th Time my Z has caught fire (injectors again)

Careless wrote: Am I the only one that thinks leaky injectors are not your only problem?

A cracked insulator on one of your plug wires is probably what's causing the fuel to be ignited.
    The root problem is that there IS fuel to be ignited in the first place.

1988 300zxt. gt35, stance, etc. Wheels: Varrstoen ES2 18x9.5 et-13 225/40. 18x10.5 et0 245/40
    1990 jetta vr6'd

OK .. aside from wondering why he's having this issue, now for the 4th time.

Why wasn't the recall or fix instituted where he's at?
    '84Z31 GLL turbo|theZenthusiast site: http://www.thezenthusiast.com |

Originally posted by maronee
    PS - by the way your Z31's famous here in japan, dude!!

perhaps they ran leaded fuel longer than most?
    Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a mans character make him a moderator.

inqui-Z-tor wrote: OK .. aside from wondering why he's having this issue, now for the 4th time.

Why wasn't the recall or fix instituted where he's at?
    He's in Australia and they didn't get the recall like we did in the US.

1986 300ZX Turbo…sold
    1990 Skyline GT-R…new money pit
    2014 Juke Nismo RS 6-speed…daily

[quote]NissanEgg wrote:
    Originally posted by inqui-Z-tor

Why wasn't the recall or fix instituted where he's at?He's in Australia and they didn't get the recall like we did in the US.
    Yes I know he's in Australia. If the design of the injectors was the same, and they have the same issues - I just question, why wasn't the recall instituted there?

OR does he have a US car vs. an Austrailian car? Hence Nissan wouldn't have issued a recall on US cars in Austrailia?
    '84Z31 GLL turbo|theZenthusiast site: http://www.thezenthusiast.com |

Originally posted by maronee
    PS - by the way your Z31's famous here in japan, dude!!

They probably don't have as many sue happy people there, thus no need to spend millions fixing a questionable issue.

inqui-Z-tor wrote: Yes I know he's in Australia. If the design of the injectors was the same, and they have the same issues - I just question, why wasn't the recall instituted there?

OR does he have a US car vs. an Australian car? Hence Nissan wouldn't have issued a recall on US cars in Austrailia?
    Australians have got this "she'll be rite mate!" attitude, and are generally f'ing retarded.

If he bought a US zed, he'd be forced cut it apart to convert it to right hand drive in his state, because that makes a car safer in Australia.
    Shit, there's a thing called a chain conversion, which is exactly how it sounds. Chain running behind dashboard to turn the steering column on the left using a steering wheel on the right. Much much safer than just leaving the car as it was. :nanan?re

[quote]inqui-Z-tor wrote: [quote=NissanEgg]
    Originally posted by inqui-Z-tor:14qjc6kg

Why wasn't the recall or fix instituted where he's at?He's in Australia and they didn't get the recall like we did in the US.
    Yes I know he's in Australia. If the design of the injectors was the same, and they have the same issues - I just question, why wasn't the recall instituted there?

OR does he have a US car vs. an Austrailian car? Hence Nissan wouldn't have issued a recall on US cars in Austrailia?[/quote:14qjc6kg]

nutsaq wrote:
    Originally posted by inqui-Z-tor:14qjc6kg
    They probably don't have as many sue happy people there, thus no need to spend millions fixing a questionable issue.
    It isn't a recall. That's why.
    BLOZ UP.com
    It is not recommended to confirm proper installation by driving into walls or other barriers as this could cause personal injury or damage to the vehicle.

[quote]DeleriousZ wrote:
    Originally posted by Careless
    Am I the only one that thinks leaky injectors are not your only problem?

A cracked insulator on one of your plug wires is probably what's causing the fuel to be ignited.
    The root problem is that there IS fuel to be ignited in the first place.
    I didn't say it was the only problem.

I have fuel seeping out of the top of my lines at times, and I tighten them with a long thin screw driver or a flexy-extension with a 1/4 drive 1/4 inch socket on the end. Some of them I can't get to, and that's because the manifold is in the way.

I've never had the car catch fire and I keep a fire extinguisher behind the passenger seat on the floor too.

I'm ready for shit like this- first thing I did was make sure my spark plug cables were beefy.