An Introduction of sorts…

when you go to the station. look at the mileage, fill it up, look at the gallons. divide miles by gallons.

My last gas fill up, I got 3.92 gallons. From that, I got 41 miles before it dipped below a quarter.

41 miles / 3.92 gallons = 10.45 mpg

Which is a little less bleak from my original calculations, but not the 28mpg boasted by other NA owners lol.
    "This must be Thursday," said Arthur to himself, sinking low over his beer. "I never could get the hang of Thursdays."

DentArthurDent wrote: From blinking 1 bar, it costs me roughly $45 to fill it. And I get any where from 160-200 miles out of a tank.
    At best, 200 miles / 19 gallons = 10.53 mpg. Note, I do not usually let it drop below a quarter.

Now Price / Kickassery, there's no contest. But poor gas mileage is hard on this unemployed student.

2slick85z31, that's pretty awesome. Do you get over this way often?
    my fiance actually lives in St. Pete, and im in the palmetto/bradenton area. i dont get over to tampa too often seeing as i still need a motor for my z, but when i can i do, where abouts are you located in tampa?

DentArthurDent wrote: My last gas fill up, I got 3.92 gallons. From that, I got 41 miles before it dipped below a quarter.

41 miles / 3.92 gallons = 10.45 mpg

Which is a little less bleak from my original calculations, but not the 28mpg boasted by other NA owners lol.
    have you checked your injectors? or maybe even your FPR?

if you have an injector stuck open itll use alot of gas, easy way to tell, pop your hood with the car running, and hold your finger to the injector, if you feel it pulsing then its good. if its not then its either dead or stuck.

as for the fpr pop off a vacuum line and if gas pours out of the line then your FPR needs replacing.

also, have you checked allt eh lines under the car? made sure nothings leaking etc?

1. Write down mileage, fill up to full.
    2. xxx miles later, fill up again. Write down gallons it took. Write down mileage.
    3. Subtract miles to figure total miles traveled.
    4. Divide miles traveled by gallons = MPG.

sweet another florida guy! hey man join these sights also

http://zclubofpolkcounty.com/

and

http://www.suncoastzcarclub.com/form/

I live in Polk County which is basically 30-40 minutes from Tampa, there are a lot of Z guys from Tampa though to Orlando
    1uz Swapped, lowered, flaked out '86 z31
    '72 Datsun 510 4dr, ka24de-T, slammed resto mod
    '84 z31 turbo, coils, wheels a.k.a the gfs weekend car
    '86 na2t parts for now a.k.a eventually will get running with a/c daily
    '83 280zx project backburner a.k.a ls turbo drag car one day
    Custom vg30et tube chassis drift exocet project

Still remains to be seen, I get 160-200 to a tank, reguardless of $ amount.

I always reset my trip a for current tank, trip b is for oil change.

Ps, how uncomfortable is a harry potter themed party, outside of halloween?
    "This must be Thursday," said Arthur to himself, sinking low over his beer. "I never could get the hang of Thursdays."

DentArthurDent wrote:
    Ps, how uncomfortable is a harry potter themed party, outside of halloween?
    lmao wtf. and thanks for the info on the trip b thing, i honestly didnt know that

OK .. I'll "inquire" ..

DentArthurDent .. a Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy or Simon Jones fan?? It took me awhile to place that name, I knew I recognized it from somewhere ..
    '84Z31 GLL turbo|theZenthusiast site: http://www.thezenthusiast.com |

Originally posted by maronee
    PS - by the way your Z31's famous here in japan, dude!!

The Guide, naturally.

Lol, it is. The party was just awkward - as in, it was supposed to have been just a bring a dinner party, which turned into a HP engagement party… Was strange, s'all I'm sayin'.

And the wife makes me do all of he dressing up lol. Of course, she'd say it's the other way around.

Hater :P

Odd. I'm doing a project over The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy for school, I log onto Z31 Performance to find that we have a new member by the name of DentArthurDent…
    Tinker Toy Equipped

Irony, oh irony. Why must you be so cruel?

A small update: After the wife went to bed, with ideas of a faster, more economical Z and images of xmas gifts to be bought, I took her out. Drove the same as usual, and then I got home. I hear a definite trickling. Being that it was pretty dark out, I could only guess that it's coolant.

Anyway, I'm gonna put it up on the racks tomorrow and take a look. Really hoping it's a broken hose under there some where and it's not the pump. Although, this has given me more motivation to redo the timing belt (since I'll likely be in there anyway).

Like someone previously said I should practice. Thanks for everyone's eyes btw. Its been a fun thread so far.

I'd put my monies on the fuel level sending unit throwing you off. It's been forever and a day and a half and a week beyond that since I drove my Z last, but my gauge read empty after it sucked up 10-12 gallons. Idiot light appeared to be accurate, came on about 2 gallons. So if you are hovering over the E and your idiot light isn't on…

Hope that's it, the sending unit is like $140, other possible causes cost more.

BTW, how long have you had that Z? If it used to have a chrome tip I've seen it in person before.
    Feedback- viewtopic.php?f=18&t=19840

floridaZ wrote:

BTW, how long have you had that Z? If it used to have a chrome tip I've seen it in person before.
    I bought it back in 2007. And it did. I dropped that soup can like a hot potato.

And thanks for the advice. I'm just getting up and around to getting to work. Wish me luck.

One last update: the last time I ran the tank down, the idiot light did come on.