Updates on New Site - 01/19/13

• Thank you!
    Everything is Meaningless.

• One more issue. I know I know, I complain a lot.

When you quote someone or edit your post, with imgs, we can no longer grab the urls, it shows the pic in the edit/quote window. On other forums, there is a button to the side that lets you switch between the url and pic. Could we get that? Please.

• what happened to the [youtube] embedding?

1988 300zxt. gt35, stance, etc. Wheels: Varrstoen ES2 18x9.5 et-13 225/40. 18x10.5 et0 245/40
    1990 jetta vr6'd

• Any chance you can flip the switch on my "My Ride" page, and let me (edit) update the page?
    My ride: 1984 300ZXT Anniversary Edition, SCCA BSP
    See: http://z31performance.com/showthread…ight=vegasz31t

• vegasZ31T;326388 wrote: Any chance you can flip the switch on my "My Ride" page, and let me (edit) update the page?
    Done!

• I just went back to read the last 4-5 pages of this since I didn't really pay attention since things started rolling …

I do agree that forsale threads should be like blogs/journals where subsequent text should be added as a timeline of sorts, no editing required (save old details for posterity/auditing)

I don't necessarily think we should be able to REPLY on forsale threads, on other forums it just becomes a bumpfest or lots of "wow I can't believe it's not butter! glws!" posts

What might be handy if possible to implement is a button to fire off an automated email to admins to mark a thread for deletion… I know things like my pre-buy thread had a very specific purpose and expiry date, and since I'm not allowed to delete content, notifying someone that I want it deleted should be easier

I don't understand the whole colour scheme and bolding of threads, can we not simplify it as before? to unbold just completely read or bold for unread posts? The what's new feed is good to see what's threads had updates but only the last 15 trending… and my complaint with it is that it's too bulky, what's new should resemble the old z31.com with one liners that zip you to the last reply, not extra junk… then we could have MORE items listed

I also wonder the logic behind locally hosting pics, I thought space was one of the big concerns previously? I'd think the upload local should only be for avatars no?

I'm sure I'm forgetting more, but that's forefront for me

• upload local barely even works.
    it always says the photo is too big.
    i've tried with a number of different disk sizes and image sizes, and it always says the same thing.

• Careless;326430 wrote: upload local barely even works.
    it always says the photo is too big.
    i've tried with a number of different disk sizes and image sizes, and it always says the same thing.
    Tell me what an adequate size should be for a web hosting point of view. I'd say 800x600, but maybe 1024x768.

I can adjust those settings.

• If possible, install ImageCache with GD2 or ImageMagick support, and set up a profile to resize anything posted to 800x600.

When the first user to the page visits the posting, it will take some server memory to crunch the size of the photo down. Then every following member who views the page will see the processed photo and it will not take any more server load.

Limit the upload size to 1600 wide.
    How much storage space is on the account?

• amreboot;326392 wrote: Done!
    Sorry, but I can't seem to find the way to edit my post. As I recall, the old system had a link on the upper/lower right of the page.
    My ride: 1984 300ZXT Anniversary Edition, SCCA BSP
    See: http://z31performance.com/showthread…ight=vegasz31t

• vegasZ31T;326448 wrote: Sorry, but I can't seem to find the way to edit my post. As I recall, the old system had a link on the upper/lower right of the page.
    Hmm, strange. I will create a non-admin user account to test with. I am at work right now. I will do it later when I get home.

I will post the update here.

• Heads up all.

I will be doing theme changes and what not this coming weekend. Stay tuned.

• Did the settings that decide who is a "junior" or "Senior" member change? I've been on the forum since 2006, and I used to be a "senior" member. Now it says "Junior." I'm guessing it is about the number of posts you make now, right? Not that it matters, I guess. I just liked being a "Senior" member… made me feel important. lol
    "Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you…"

-'68 Datsun 1600 Roadster
    Build Thread: http://community.ratsun.net/topic/21…-build-thread/
    -'85 300zx Turbo
    Build Thread:
    http://z31performance.com/showthread…)build-thread!

• ^post some more

I mean I am a Senior member but thats just cause I am the bee's knees.
    DD:
    86 Black Turbo 5spd
    The Fallen:
    84 red n/a auto Slicktop, 86 Black 2+2 n/a 5spd
    Parting Currently:
    86 White Turbo 5spd, 88 n/a 5spd, 84 AE, 88 Shiro #64
    Garage Sale

• I used to be a senior member but now I'm not anymore. I want my donation back! :P
    Zoey - 1987 Z31T GLL - HKS EVC / CM SS 3" turbo-back / Stance GR+
    Black Betty - 2014 Audi C7 S6 APR1