Updates on New Site - 01/19/13

amreboot;311947 wrote: There is a temporary URL that has been created.
    Its going to be kept private for testing purposes.

Once the private site has shown to be good, we will transition the forum.
    Asking whoever is actually doing the switchover:

So, if this site is temporary, and the links to my other posts aren't working on this site; then I assume there is no reason to update my links on this site - as they will more than likely go bad when you change again? Am I understanding what is happening correctly?

And, more importantly to me, will I be able to edit my posts - such as "MyRide" - on an ongoing basis in the forthcoming site?

FYI: I also noticed after the last couple posts, that when I post, some words join together.
    My ride: 1984 300ZXT Anniversary Edition, SCCA BSP
    See: http://z31performance.com/showthread…ight=vegasz31t

The edit and deletion of posts/threads over a certain period of time has been disabled, and was disabled on the old forum as well before the switchover.
    You are able to create replies to the thread concerning your build to show updates. We will also be working to install a journal system to better keep track of "Member Rides" without them being actual threads/posts. This will make them editable, and comments can be left, but makes moderation a bit easier.

The site is live. This is not a test forum.
    Chicks dig me, rust fears me.

10 character limit is no bueno.

I have a suggestion, Maybe moving the repairs and off topic forums to the top of the page would help encourage noobs to post in the proper forum.

Damn shame I still can't edit sales threads..... Makes selling bulk listings a royal pain.... Can sales forum be implemented similar to the blogs?

sorry spit balling. I don't even look at my thread much anymore, I'm getting asked for the same parts that sold a month or two ago....
    DD:
    86 Black Turbo 5spd
    The Fallen:
    84 red n/a auto Slicktop, 86 Black 2+2 n/a 5spd
    Parting Currently:
    86 White Turbo 5spd, 88 n/a 5spd, 84 AE, 88 Shiro #64
    Garage Sale

Please change the sale thread editing.

1988 300ZX Turbo, Shiro Special #760
    1988 300ZX Turbo Automatic (wife's car)
    1991 Hard-body 2WD

http://zccw.org/zccw/?page_id=1215

I have come to the conclusion that the problem I have with posting is because of IE9. If I take my time typing in a reply, I almost never am able to post it. I get "Z31P is not responding". If I type only 1 sentence, I am usually able to post it. But if I type more than a sentence or take my time typing it, I almost always have trouble and have to retype the entire post. if I highlight the post and copy it, I have to paste it into a document before I try and post it. If not, I lose the ability to paste it anywhere and have to retype it again.

Now, with chrome, I have never had any problems posting, only IE9.

I Just had this problem typing this post and pressing “post quick reply”. I get Z31P not responding. But pasting the entire post in I am able to post it.

I have never had this problem here before the change over to the new format or have I had this problem anywhere else. Could this be a compatibility problem between vBulletin and IE9?
    Restore it, Don't crush it. They don't make them like this anymore.

Scott
    85 Turbo, original owner, restored
    93 NA Babied

Some confusing stuff:
    1. When I drop in as a visitor and search for vegasz31t, I get one page of results with about 11 topics and a total of about 21. However, I cannot go to the second page to see the next 10. When I log-in and then search, I get 21 topics all listed on one page. I have many more posts than that.
    2. When I click on the vegasz31t link in any of my posts, then click on the “View Forum Posts” link, I get (I assume) all 137 posts that I have made.
    3. When I dropped in earlier as a visitor, and even after I logged in, I was only able to see the first four Forum categories - as the entire Marketplace category was non-existent. I eventually searched for one of my posts, then I just backed up to the Forum page by clicking on the links at the top of the page: Forum + Announcements and Events+ Announcements: Site and Forum-related + Updates on New Site - 01/19/13, and the Marketplace category showed up.
    4. Included in # 3 above, initially there were no New Posts when you clicked on that link on the Home page.

5. All of the above I can live with,as it is just part of your teething problems. However, I would very much like to refresh my “My Ride” = “84 300ZX Turbo 50th AE” topic, as the links to other topics I started with the details of the modifications, are all no good anymore. Plus, I have some updates to add to My Ride, as it has been a long time since I have been able to update it.
    Regards,

P.S., I just had to go back in and seperate words that joined together.

Moar emoticons!

Also, when I click the emoticons icon, all of the images are broken except these two: For the record, I am on Google Chrome (Windows Version 25.0.1364.172 m).
    Justin
    1986 NA 2-seater
    SCCA Solo E-Street Prepared #31
    Race Videos
    Build Thread

• I'm pretty much losing interest in this site due the the new format

1991 Hard-body 2WD

• What is the reasoning for not allowing posts to be edited?

• vegasZ31T;322107 wrote: What is the reasoning for not allowing posts to be edited?
    IIRC it was due to issues with for sale adds. Not sure tho.

1988 300zxt. gt35, stance, etc. Wheels: Varrstoen ES2 18x9.5 et-13 225/40. 18x10.5 et0 245/40
    1990 jetta vr6'd

• there was a dispute over an item for sale in the past and a seller altered his FS thread to cover the fact that the item the buyer received was not the one posted in the ad. Also due to disagreements over price and shipping details.

1991 Hard-body 2WD

• I was thinking of circumventing the forsale issue by just creating a blog post of the items, with a link in the for sale forum and my profile. I do more on friggin facebook these days than I do on the forum.
    DD:
    86 Black Turbo 5spd
    The Fallen:
    84 red n/a auto Slicktop, 86 Black 2+2 n/a 5spd
    Parting Currently:
    86 White Turbo 5spd, 88 n/a 5spd, 84 AE, 88 Shiro #64
    Garage Sale

• Yeah but FB is full of flakes

1991 Hard-body 2WD