Updates on New Site - 01/19/13

The post quick reply does not work. 5 out of the last 6 post I have made have been lost with a Z31performance not responding. The only successful post I have made with this new formayt is when I went to the GO ADVANCED route
    Restore it, Don't crush it. They don't make them like this anymore.

Scott
    85 Turbo, original owner, restored
    93 NA Babied

The only way I have made a post work, is to just click it and then walk away for 10-15 minutes, and let it do its thing.
    My ride: 1984 300ZXT Anniversary Edition, SCCA BSP
    See: http://z31performance.com/showthread…ight=vegasz31t

Really? What browser do you guys use? I've had zero issues like that in firefox.

1988 300zxt. gt35, stance, etc. Wheels: Varrstoen ES2 18x9.5 et-13 225/40. 18x10.5 et0 245/40
    1990 jetta vr6'd

The REPLY function does not work. 6 out of the last 7 post I have made with this software change have been lost with a "Z31performance not responding" error.

It is so bad that I now type a sentence and post it BEFORE I edit and type the rest of the post. That way I only lose 1 sentence and not the entire post. Like this post, only took me 3 tries to post it. Copying and then pasting it after this happens does not work either, so if I don't paste what I type into a notepad document before I try and post it, I completely lose what I have type. Very frustrating.. Kinda like I am locked out from posting. This happens on both my work laptop and my own, both worked fine before the change over. So this is not on my end.

THIS IS SERIOUS

Scott
    93 NA Babied

I've used quick reply almost exclusively with 0 issues.

Still doing it, second try. I can't reply to anything, I have not started a new thread, but reply does not work.

Scott
    93 NA Babied

Still doing it, second try. I can't reply to anything, I have not started a new thread, but reply does not work properly.

Double post when I tried to edit and save a post.

Can't edit and save. Won't react to pressing the save button. Works some times, not others

Scott
    93 NA Babied

T what browser are you using??

1988 300zxt. gt35, stance, etc. Wheels: Varrstoen ES2 18x9.5 et-13 225/40. 18x10.5 et0 245/40
    1990 jetta vr6'd

DeleriousZ;315722 wrote: T what browser are you using??
    if i were to guess: netscape.

this post was made with quick-reply and re-edited

FlyingT;315717 wrote: The REPLY function does not work. 6 out of the last 7 post I have made with this software change have been lost with a "Z31performance not responding" error.

It is so bad that I now type a sentence and post it BEFORE I edit and type the rest of the post. That way I only lose 1 sentence and not the entire post. Like this post, only took me 3 tries to post it. Copying and then pasting it after this happens does not work either, so if I don't paste what I type into a notepad document before I try and post it, I completely lose what I have type. Very frustrating.. Kinda like I am locked out from posting. This happens on both my work laptop and my own, both worked fine before the change over. So this is not on my end.

THIS IS SERIOUS
    this does not mean that it's a site issue. it could mean that your browser is out of date or you have a scriptblocker that is preventing javascript or ajax from running on your computer or is blocking certain actions, as this WYSIWYG post editor is most likely javascript/jquery. infact, i know it is- it's a version of a javascript editor called "ckeditor" and it runs fine when your browser is updated.

It does it on my computer using the latest internet explorer and firefox.

1986 300ZX Turbo…sold
    1990 Skyline GT-R…new money pit
    2014 Juke Nismo RS 6-speed…daily

Eww IE. I tried it on firefox, opera, and chrome. No problems.

DeleriousZ;315722 wrote: T what browser are you using??
    New laptop is running windows 7 and IE9. And my home laptop also has the problem.

I just tried to respond and the first time it locked, this time I am trying chrome and it worked. Maybe it is an IE9 issue.

Scott
    93 NA Babied

I will look into this issue.

Although, I have never experienced the issue myself.

IE9 does have what is called "compatibility mode" It looks like a broken page inside of the Address bar. If you are having issues with IE9 and posting, click on the broken page. It should become lit up a blueish color. Try posting then and lets see if it works.
    Chicks dig me, rust fears me.