Updates on New Site - 01/19/13

I'm having the exact problem described here: http://forums.relicnews.com/showthre…staying-unread

So, either the board is config'd as described there, it's setup to use cookies for users to track unread threads (which should be server database), or both.

I'd also like to point out it took three attempts to post this as the first two, using quick reply, locked up the page.

Fixed the "Read" problem. Unfortunately while doing so, it marked all as "Unread". But going forward, problem resolved.
    Fixed the Signatures.

I was able to import 71.1% of the attachments. Thats the best I could do.
    And for avatars… Per VBulletin, they do not recommend importing them due to the high failure rate.

Talking with VBulletin, in short they summarized and said the PHPBB3 is one of the more harder/inconsistent imports due to the "SALT PREFIX" that PHPBB3 creates.

so does that mean there will be no avatars?

1988 300ZX Turbo, Shiro Special #760
    1988 300ZX Turbo Automatic (wife's car)
    1991 Hard-body 2WD

http://zccw.org/zccw/?page_id=1215

Oops, forgot to enable it.

Should be good now. You can upload and link avatars

Andrevas;314201 wrote:
    I'd also like to point out it took three attempts to post this as the first two, using quick reply, locked up the page.
    It locks up my page a regular basis when trying to post. I have to open another page to get the post to go thru. No other site I use does this.

Also, only one smiley works.

1986 300ZX Turbo…sold
    1990 Skyline GT-R…new money pit
    2014 Juke Nismo RS 6-speed…daily

I haven't found subscribed threads yet, so they still exist.
    DD:
    86 Black Turbo 5spd
    The Fallen:
    84 red n/a auto Slicktop, 86 Black 2+2 n/a 5spd
    Parting Currently:
    86 White Turbo 5spd, 88 n/a 5spd, 84 AE, 88 Shiro #64
    Garage Sale

I disabled the quick reply til we get it sorted. It's a feature I really want to have but I'd like for it to work properly first.

Thanks!
    Zack
    Chicks dig me, rust fears me.

And I was digging the quick reply!

Couple of security things. I enjoyed that z31p could not be viewed without logging it. Now I know anyone can join but I enjoyed the private nature of the forum. Now it seems you can view anything without logging in. At minimum I would like member's ride to be private and hidden without logging into the forum.

We also need a new dope banner
    86na - BlueZ
    Shiro #366 - Kouki Monster
    85t - Mr Tickles

Suggestion??

Can we get the editing privileges spruced up a bit in the market place? There is no edit button except for recent posts, can this be changed so that the OP can change their original posts? (Market place is the only place I'd care for this…) I ask this because my FS ad is a total mess on top of the fact that I can't edit it to remove items that have already sold or to change price tags (lowered some prices) or add new items without jumbling up the thread with useless one line posts…

8)

Hopefully others would like this too?

These sections of the forum need to be private without logging in to see them:
    Member's Rides
    Social Lounge
    Classifieds

Dope banner would be nice! Say like over at S20-forum.com every time you refresh the main page a different SR-powered car is shown at the top, but here with different Z31's.

1986 300ZX Turbo…sold
    1990 Skyline GT-R…new money pit
    2014 Juke Nismo RS 6-speed…daily

Ok. Increased back-end performance for the entire site. This should fix the problem with quick reply locking up threads.
    Overall, the entire site should run more smoothly.

Now how about we load some slick emo theme? :P

I've noticed that when making posts there are no buttons to insert things like quotes, images, links, etc. Is that a feature that can be enabled?
    Prius… because Pretentious wouldn't fit across the back of the car…

Cheap, Fast, Reliable - pick any two

My 1986 Turbo Build

jaqattack02;314432 wrote: I've noticed that when making posts there are no buttons to insert things like quotes, images, links, etc. Is that a feature that can be enabled?
    I have adjusted and fixed this.
    All users should be able to do this now.

haven't had any issues with the site or the quick reply yet. only back-linked pages being non-existant. looking at the URL's that have been created, I don't think even an .htaccess redirect could fix that. it is what it is.